Potions and loot

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Scryler, Sep 9, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I ran a search and got too many to look through...ones I did look through didn't have info I needed. 1) Where can you buy potions? Particularly potions for healing. I am only L2 and have already run through my potions. 2) I don't know if I can't loot or if there is no loot to be had, but I'm not finding any. So far, just lizards of one type or another and skeletons. Do they ever have loot? Help!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  2. maalri

maalri Immortal

Potions can be bought from certain NPCs-- Calmert in the Church in Homlett has healing potions-- Burne has a few types of scrolls (and potions I think) to buy in the castle in Homlett...but beware they cost... get a cleric in your party, its cheaper :)

Those type of monsters usually do not have any loot. Most encounters do have lootable mobs though, you will have to have a character- not a picked up NPC- mouse over the dead bodies and a white circle will appear to loot- usually at the feet of the body, also the body will glow if when moused over if you have not looted it yet

Hope that helps.

3. Scryler

Thank you for responding. I am not sure, but I may have the no-loot bug. I have reinstalled patch 2 and the front end...am going to try it again and see. I am not able to find a TOEE.exe file, so can't tell what's going on there (none of my program files have extensions and I don't know how to change that).

Since I'm starting over, I'll include a cleric.

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Or a druid. Not as good of a healer, more offensive spells.

Bugbears sometimes drop healing potions, but they are too rare to keep you healed up.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yah, you'll eventually hit the point where you have more potions than you know what to do with, what with all the charred corpses of bugbears having them.

Can you click on bodies and 'open' them? If not, you have the no looting bug.

Bards are also good healers, particularly if you are running an evil party and don't have the option of spontaneous cure spells - a bard with a cure spell or two will always leave you that option in an emergency.

6. Rodzaju

Rodzaju Member

Lizardmen normally have silver coins.
    Skeletons normally have a weapon.
    Gnoll skeletons don't have any loot.

Not great loot by any means, but if you don't get these, there may be a problem.

7. Scryler

I reinstalled the game, downloaded patch 2, nocd exe and the Co8 mod. I am unable to obtain loot by clicking on a dead enemy, no matter how I do it. If I walk away (don't know if I need to do that, but I do) and sleep 4 hrs several times until the bodies disappear, then the loot will appear when I go back and - with a great deal of clicking here and there - I can obtain the loot. This is VERY frustrating. I would expect it to work better than this, so I can only assume that I still have the no loot bug. Sigh.

Where I am I going wrong? I have disabled AVG8 and when I extract the nocd exe, the RAR says it's installed. I don't know enough about computers to fix this on my own, so I hope someone will take the time to help me out. Am I supposed to move the nocd TOEE.exe somewhere? Or delete something? I'm on my 5th attempt to get this to work. Maybe 6th. I've lost track.

Hope someone responds. Thank You.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Perhaps you have installed things in the wrong order. Co8 should go after Atari patch 2, and the no_cd .exe last.

Otherwise, when you run Front End, are you selecting the Co8 mod to run in the 'modules' box at the top? Don't just click 'launch Temple of Elemental Evil', that will run the vanilla version which, at patch 2, will include the looting bug.

9. Scryler

I don't think I did that (click on the module ). I'll try it.

10. Scryler

Thank You.

I think life just got much less complicated! That appeared to be it.

I do feel silly.

11. ihsan07

ihsan07 Member

Same prob and i clicked on module...

Our Host!