Conflict with disc emulator software?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by havocmom, Sep 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. havocmom

havocmom Member

I've been playing ToEEFE 5.0.6 just fine until this morning, when all of a sudden I'm getting an error message "conflict with disc emulator software. see securom.com/emulation for details" I went to the website and it's directing me to deactivate my disc emulator software. I didn't know I was even using disc emulator software. And now, not only won't the game run, my CD-ROM drive won't open unless I turn off the computer and turn it back on.

Has anyone else seen this? Why would it start doing this now? Is there a fix? I'm running a Dell XPS 410 with Windows Vista, if that helps.

I'm really looking forward to playing my first evil party, so any help would be really appreciated.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I usually restart my computer and wander off. I get that message when I try to start ToEE too soon after starting my computer. Once it does that, I have to restart.

3. havocmom

havocmom Member

Thanks. A weird .cfg file appeared about the same time and I deleted that and it seemed to fix the problem. But, who knows?

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Yeah, on mine, it seems to have to do with something in startup. There's so much crap on my computer mixed in with my operating system.

Our Host!