Water Temple Quest bug?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by theharlequinsid, Sep 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. theharlequinsid

theharlequinsid Member

Have to plant the Earth Robes for the greater temple jail area, already killed the bugbears- and they've since disappeared. I've grabbed the extra robes and have run around dropping them all over the greater temple bug bear areas (on the second floor).

Either I've lost the robe and I'm an idiot or I forget to place the robe- per dialog with temple priest.

Have I broken the quest? Suggestions?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  2. wraith_bones

wraith_bones Member

on the upper most level of the temple (with the throne ) are chests with each type of robe in it

3. Rodzaju

Rodzaju Member

But once the bodies have decayed, can you get away with dropping the robes on someone else, or is the quest botched?

4. theharlequinsid

theharlequinsid Member

I think it's botched after the bodies decay, I got the extra 8 robes from the first level chest and placed them all over. Placed one in the box with the bugbears from greater temple (had 2 greater temple robes). I even killed an elf (one of the ones that remains after freeing Jaffer) in the prison and put a robe on his body. Nothing worked... so I just went and killed the Water priest and his crew and moved on down.

5. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Is this the Belsornig quest?

If so, he gives you the robe, you go kill one particular bugbear in front of the elf prisoners (the other is an ogre, I think) and put the robe in his inventory when you loot his body. If the body is already gone, forget it and move on with game.

This is the best I can remember, and it may be modded differently now. Since Belsornig doesn't give toys, I usually just kill his group.

Our Host!