0002: error

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Scryler, Sep 4, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I hope I am doing this right.

I can't open the front end short cut.

I get this message: 0002: Error: One of the game folders can't be accessed: Make sure that no other application uses any of the game folders, then try again.

I believe this error message was addressed in the solutions, number 11 (I think that's the right one). Says virus program might be the problem. I have made the Temple of Elemental Evil an exception on my virus program, and it hasn't made any difference...still get the same error. What should I do? I don't think any of the ToEE files, including the Front End are open in IE, either.

My computer uses XP, SP3, dual processor. Haven't had any problems to speak of with regular ToEE. I also patched it with patch2.

I really would like to run the modded version...I like running a game in a window, among other things.

Help.

Scryler

2. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

I have the same problem, but have found a way out. My anti-virus is AVG8.

I also included the game folders in the exceptions list, but the resident shield keeps detectinga and eliminating TOEE.exe as a trojan. Half Knight disables the resident shield and it apparently works for him. For mle it doesn't.

I had noticed that the antivirus systematically deleted both the TOEE.exe and the .rar file of the NOCD file I used. I had to download it each time I wanted to play. When I copied the TOEE.exe back into the programfiles/atari/temple of elemental evil folder, it worked again.

If you have AVG, you can go to the virus vault and restore the TOEE.exe file that is indicated there.

3. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

It's playing now (w/o doing anything different). I also use AVG. It's probably too late to check the virus vault, but I will, just in case. Didn't realize I could do that.

Thanks for responding.

Our Host!