Installing 5.0.6 - how can I tell?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by havocmom, Sep 2, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. havocmom

havocmom Member

So, I followed all the steps to install 5.0.6 and it looks like Windows RAR extracted the mods to my /Program Files/Atari directory from what I can tell looking at the directory itself. But, is there any difference in the version information that I should see when I look at the Co8 Front End or the first screen? I am still seeing version 5.0.0 copyright 2006.

I hope this question is phrased sensibly. I am one of those "LOVE the game but am computer illiterate" folks.

Thanks very much! You all have been so helpful in the past and I love everything you've done with this game.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The version information is listed in two places: in the front end program, to the right of the module name (when you click on it); and on the splash screen for the game, underneath the ToEE logo.

If all you see is Co8 5 in those places, then you're not playing the latest patch to the full mod.

3. havocmom

havocmom Member

Thanks. I suspected that was the case.

So what did I do wrong? I can see the files in c:/program files/atari. Is that not the root directory? If not, can you hazard a guess what would be? I am running Windows Vista so I always blame that first. ;-).

Thanks much.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hard to say. You're probably best off doing this:

1. Make sure the Co8 mod is deactivated by launching regular ToEE in front end.
    2. Quit ToEE after it launches.
    3. Uninstall the Co8 mod through Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
    4. Reinstall the Co8 mod by following the steps in Zebedee's Install Instructions precisely.
    Don't mean to accuse you of being sloppy the first time, but it's most likely an installation issue regardless, so ...

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The default root folder for the game is C:/Program Files/Atari/Temple of Elemental Evil the cmf files should be extracted into that folder (or cut/pasted if you extracted elsewhere).

6. havocmom

havocmom Member

That did it, thank you!

Our Host!