5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Hahaha! I'll be fucked. Can you take a screenshot?

Anyway, it should be easily solved - just set the 283 flag from within the Big_Three_Ambush2() script itself.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Heh, I remember that happening during one phase of my own testing, but I thought I had eradicated it.

edit ... Here's what I said about it at the time:

edit 2

Okay, I tested again with 5.0.6 and cannot reproduce. All three scenarios had the proper number of combatants. Sorry to be patronizing GA82, but you're certain you patched properly and all that? e.g. you aren't using an old version of the ambush?

Anybody else seen this in 5.0.6?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I'd be happy to test it for you but could someone give me the full console command to reset the flag that Sitra mentioned above.

You all know how timid I am about trying new stuff.

4. Gaear

If you mean flag 283, you don't want to do anything with that. If you want to test, just select an old pre-Lareth save (if you have one) and go, or start a new game and go through the Moathouse and see what happens. Do not include Kobort, Zert, or Turuko in your party.

5. Rodzaju

Rodzaju Member

@ Sitra:
    Is this the reason that the item I've ordered never seems to arrive?
    I ordered it before meeting the gnolls, if that makes a difference.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

This build is:
    Patch2'd Toee that I keep on a zip drive
    Co8-5.0.0
    cmf5.0.6 (reapplied many times as updated)
    sitra's mod (reapplied as updated or over reapplied cmf's)
    (which cmf's and sitra's, I don't know)
    lastly and repeatedly good ol' "Clean Game Cache..."

If I'm the only one who gets this, all I can say is "NYAH-NYAH!"
    and "Guess I'll be over level 5 when I get to Nulb."

7. GuardianAngel82

Here it is, I'll call it "Whoops!"

BTW, there's more bad guys outside my field of view that I noticed as I pan around with the area of effect of my Web spell. Now the name is: "Final Scene, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".

That reminds me, during the '80's. GA teams were often outnumbered by the pachukos they were baby-sitting. Don't know why I thought of that...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

LOL! O man that made me laugh - funniest thing I have seen in ages.

9. GuardianAngel82

I'd love to try to fight it out, but it freezes up or crashes to desk top. My characters are only 4th level, so no Fireballs, Lightning Bolts, etc to clear things out a bit. I think my game interruptions are caused by the Web I cast, but if I don't have a little crowd control, I get overwhelmed. Definitely one of my favorite WTF? moments.

If we could make this work, we could game a campaign based on how in AD&D1, a 10th level character would acquire a company of 30-50 0th level fighters to protect / expand his holdings. It would be more like Chainmail than D&D. My Texas A&M group did this in the late '70's, converting the NPC's into PC's. One battle would take all night.

But the engine can't handle it. Daydreams.

10. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The first time I did 5.0.6 at level 4 there was a troll in the main corridor and combat started. In 5.0.5 there was a pass word for the trap, but after 7 trolls, no password. No rogue, so I quit, and completely re-installed everything. Next time, no troll in the corridor and after 7 trolls, no password. But, this time I had an excellent rogue. After the Senshock fight no password on anyone. Is the password thing suppose to be in .0.6 just like 0.5? Everything else played fine.

11. Gaear

I'm not intimately familiar with how that whole thing works, but I'm quite certain that nothing was changed with regard to it from 5.0.5 to 5.0.6. The only recent change in that area to my knowledge is the skeleton key/electrical trap fix, which did not involve removing any .mobs from that map or changing any dialogue.

As you're probably aware, Zebedee modified some of the trolls' password dialogue conditions and added the ability to obtain the password elsewhere through various means, but that was quite some time ago.

12. GuardianAngel82

Hey, remember that little problem I had with the 7 Big 3 parties? 100+bodies, 3298 EP, no area effect spells, 20+ lock ups (ifgx failures).

From playing about the stinking cloud spell effect area, I got 105 count. But, there seemed to be 98 armors and monk robes. Of course, it took 3 trips to haul everything, and I got a phone call during the count.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  13. Anaximander

Anaximander Member

Long time lurker, first time poster...

but I just have to say that is too cool. NIce Job!

14. GuardianAngel82

Thanks! To my surprise, the main difficulty was the swarms of missile attacks piling onto one character at a time. If you keep your melee troops next to each other, they cover each other's flanks, and their AoA's take out or weaken the enemy flankers if you put your strong guys on the ends.

Should this be moved to another thread? Maybe not, if no one else has this "problem".

15. Tyrannar

Tyrannar Wanderer in the dark

I want that kind of battles. Really difficult ones:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!