Does spelling count?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Basil the Timid, Aug 16, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

While perusing dlg files, I have noticed that there are spelling errors, most notably "nuetral". I distinctly remember this in more than one file, but I am certain it is in Gwenno's. Does this mistake negate the conditional dialog from occurring? If so, would you like me to ferret them out and record them here?

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Ferret them out, spell check them and then post them up as whole .dlg files in .txt format on CMF thread.

Just limit yourself to true spelling mistakes though Basil. Just cos it ain't spelt rite, don't mean it not korrekt ;)

edit: and make sure you are using the very latest files to make Gaear's job integrating them easier ;)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

If I post the whole dialog in text format, how will you see where the mistake is? Since there is no color, should I use Bold Italics?

Also, back to my original question, does mispelling "neutral" in the PC Conditional Code cause a problem? If not, then I won't bother.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yes it does, it would break the script and cause possible errors elsewhere.

Just looking at that old file, its a mess. I'll post a fix as soon as I can test it.

5. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

I answered your original question Basil. :) But I totally forgot Gwenno was part of DH (I didn't spellcheck DH work as it's Ted's mod), so apologies Ted.

Just as a general info thing, if there's a spelling mistake in the actual scripting/dialogue don't bother doing weird things to highlight the error - just copy the format it's originally in and post as a bug-fix. Otherwise someone else just has to go along and change your re-formatting so that the bug-fix can be used.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

All changes will be noticeable without doing anything special to point them out because we use file-compare software to integrate them.

7. thearioch

thearioch Need More Cowbell

When I finally submit them, my files will be so reformatted (in addition to the actual content modifications) that any file-comparison will likely be useless. My files will, however, be much more human-readable then the current ones. And, more importantly, programmer/modder readable. I will spill-Czech them first :)

--thearioch

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Then we'll Slavishly incorporate your changes, and if there is any dispute, we'll hold a Pole. :grin:

Our Host!