KoTB problems

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by templer, Jul 26, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. templer

templer Blue 4 lima

I'm sorry world i must be stupid. Well i'm an armed "contractor" so i probably am. I down loaded KoTB demo, unzipped it and tried to navigate to the Atari/ ToEE file and unzip that but couldn't find it. I have all the patches and the front end. My ToEE works great and i love it! I really want KoTB. Can some one please walk me through it like i would walk you through finding the sight picture on an M16. THANKS!

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Full install instructions right about where you got the Demo location from HERE.

I dunno what you mean by "can't find the Atari folder" :scratchhe Traditionally its in

c:\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil

If your's is somewhere else, then I'd say just run a quick search for folders named Atari.

Once you find it, unzip the pack into the Temple of Elemental Evil folder so you get a data.KotB alongside the modules folder, data.ToEE &/or data.Co8 5.0.0 folders. Then run the KotBFE. :)

3. templer

templer Blue 4 lima

Thanks Shiningted it works great! I really appreciate the help.

4. maalri

maalri Immortal

Wait - are ToEE Front Eend and KotB different, and have to be installed seperately? I thought KoTB incorporated ToEEFE...

Also- I find the Atari folder just fine (yellow folder right- not the one with the logo) but can't Extract- should I be copy and replacing items or copying and leaving original or what? Mine always crashes my Windows Vista (premium) after about 10 mins of "extracting"

P.S. I am assuming that extracting and unzipping are the same...

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ahhh, Vista, what a freakin' joy it is...

KotB has its own Front End (KotBFE). They're easy to tell apart, each has the relevant game logo in a big pic at the top :) Now, hitting "replace"... I've been trying to think what there is in common: really, not much, because KotB has its own data folder and its own module folder, but thats probably where the conflict is occuring: it wants to copy a modules folder with the KotB module over the existing modules folder with ToEE and Co8 5 in it. Soooo, I say click yes :mrhappy:

If you are seriously concerned, just manually unzip (or extract ;)) to some temp folder and move them by hand. KotBFE goes in the main folder next to ToEEFE. Likewise data.KotB goes next to the other data folders, while if you open the modules folder you'll see a ToEE folder and a Co8 5.0.0 folder: move the modules/KotB folder over next to them.

Now run KotBFE, and enjoy!

Btw, I know some of these things get complicated, but I urge you to look at the install instructions >>>here<<< and work out what is going on when we talk about making this or that the 'default' or 'active' module. This will allow you to patch both ToEE and KotB safely.

6. maalri

maalri Immortal

Thanks Ted- I had just PM'ed you and then found my post- and see that you replied to it.

That spot you markeed >>here<<is where I downloaded the KotB from, but when I get to the "extract" step Windows Vista closes out Windows on me sometime in the process, after I have "replaced" a few things...

Should I be replacing at all?-- seems that I may want ToEEFE seperately from KotB then?

Should I go back to installing jus the game, then Atari patch 2 then ToEEFE then figure out where to get KotBFE?? or how to get it whthout overwriting? I's KotB an add-on at the end of ToEE or a seperate game completely?

I'll leave the Verbobonc question to the PM, and thanks

maalri

P.S. Edit- OK I seemed to have missed Co8 Mod pack 5.0.0 after Atari Patch 2- I am downloading it now, and it seems this give me ToEEFE and answer a couple questions...
    But how to get KotB seperately?? and where is Verbabonc...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
Our Host!