The Arena of Heroes Mod (Beta)

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Morpheus, Feb 13, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

He'll be back by sometime. Meanwhile, I think he'd be just fine with somebody picking up AoH; it's just a personal thing of mine that these old mods retain some of their original sensibilities (which it sounds like this would if you just tacked on the third battle).

I'm a bit concerned about the prospect of all that XP and treasure though. By the sound, it could single-handedly send us right back down the imbalance road that the HB switch will hopefully fix.

(btw, I recall that Morph was planning some sort of undead fight for the third battle.)

2. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Positively positive.
    Oh, that's cos it's not a dlg.
    Just check this:

Colosseum1.jpg

There's not much at it, just a few lines (Nothing like "erythnull stuff"...but it doesn't mean that i couldn't be related ;) ). But it gives an idea of what was the project. Go to ToEE3\mes and look for tooltip_ui_strings.mes

I think i've read that too. Since you're going to add undead into HB, maybe we could make them related in some way...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

@HK:

Interesting. From the looks of it, it was used as some sort of testing arena for creatures, perhaps used by beta testers. Doesn't mean we can't cannibalize it for something different :)

@Gaear:

I agree that the experience boost is a bit much. I don't think the mod could be integrated as it was originally intended, i.e. an item in the smith's chest. I think the solution is to either leave it as a hidden mod, accessible only by using the console, or move it to the end of the game, as part of the Tales of the Wild Coast additions (either as a portal to them as I suggested or just another adventure accessible after the ordinary end game). I still stand behind my proposal, but then again I have no idea what's being done with the TotWC, so most likely it's at odds with that...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  4. Sachmo

Sachmo Knight of the Crown

You could put it one of the Nodes or the Hidden Level of the Temple, somewhere towards the end to minimise the effect of the added XP.

This sounds like an exciting idea to add some tough battles and I personally would like to see it towards the end where you could include some of the tougher monsters.

Just my opinion, I wish I had the time to learn how to MOD!

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Well ... been thinking about this a bit more, so please see the new 'Where Are We Headed?' thread for further discussion. (Don't want to derail AoH-specific discussion with the broader stuff.)

Our Host!