Updating Feats

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Jun 30, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I am just updating the feats in the .dll, mainly activating the proficiency / focus etc feats for Cujo's new monk weapons, which got deactivated in a mix-up. So if there are any little variations that anyone has noticed please point them out now, and I will update this thread as I encounter anomolies.

Firstly - are there any weapons that should be finessable but aren't (including any of the new monk weapons)? RAW only, folks, if you want to debate new ideas go to this thread HERE.

2. Tyrannar

Tyrannar Wanderer in the dark

Aren't ALL monk weapons finessable? Those that alow monk to use his unarmed BAB.

3. Shiningted

Erm, thats a good answer :) Unfortunately, I still haven't cracked the 'give monks auto-proficiency in their new weapons' :blush: It CAN be done, but I don't know how yet.

Next question - unarmed strike small being: this is currently inactive. Anyone had any problems with halfling monks? Do we need to implement it? Another leftover from 3.0?

4. Salk

Salk Established Member

If I am not mistaken, there is a broken feat left in the latest release. Will you make it sure to delete it? Thanks!

5. Shiningted

Sorry, there's no feat named 'broken'. Or was that some weird Swedish attempt at humour?

6. Shiningted

<double post, 'cause I can :p >

Ok, I've definitely got Greater Weapon Focus showing in the feats list as Greater Weapon Specialization. Has anyone else encountered this? Everyone who reads this, test it and respond so I can release the new .dll asap!

EDIT: Oops, another question: I am seeing 'skill focus animal empathy' in the .dll - a leftover from 3.0? Or somer bizarro way of benefiting a Wild Empathy check? (more of KotB question obviously).

2nd EDIT: Ok, I've done all the feats except the Weapon Finnesse stuff - I also updated the KotB .dll (which was lacking the Win98 fix), so I have effectively gone through twice: I am pretty confident I got everything.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  7. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Yeah, seen that - kinda sucked when I was hoping to get some extra damage for Scather but only ended up with an extra +1 to hit that I didn't need anyways...

8. Shiningted

Thats funny :icon_chuc but serves you right for trying to get GWS 4 levels early :p

9. Shiningted

Heh. While cruising the .dll to try to track down that GWF / GWS error (heaven forefend it should be somewhere simple like a .mes file :yawn: ) I found reference to a 'skill_animal_empathy' which seems to be a call to an animation. Hope there is more to that!

10. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Woot, i forgot to mention that. :sweatdrop

Indeed, it has an animation (character raises their hands, and do something like "easy, easy boy"); the good thing about that, it's that the check doesn't open any pop up windows, like track which has an animation but i wouldn't work since the window for tracking pauses the game. Unless there's a way to make aniations launch with automatic rolls.

btw, there are two different animations for heal: one for lay on hands, and one for the skill.

11. Shiningted

Ahhh, but do you kow a way to fire these animations on command? Getting one to go for a successful Wild Empathy check would be easy to do (and look very sexy too) if I knew a command to script...

12. Half Knight

Hummm...did i forgot to mention that i think the action.mes file it's what defines the animations? :blush:

I think those entries are what the txt and ska call "event", or "action"...

13. Shiningted

Yeah, you did mention that... curses, derailed my own thread :cartman:

14. Half Knight

I think he's talking about shield bash...

Ah, ok.

Btw, since you're checking the small unarmed strike...could you take a look at gnomes?
    they seem to have have lots of problems with proficiences...

15. Shiningted

All the non-working feats (Improved Shield Bash, Far Shot etc) accidently introduced have been removed from both KotB and ToEE. If people have specific worries, I need specific feat references, not just 'fix the broken ones'.

I'll check the gnomes.

Our Host!