Moathouse encounter *spoiler*

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Saul, May 1, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Saul

Saul Member

I read about the "big three encounter" before i started playing again, and although i would have rather been suprized, I still was looking foward to it.
    So i killed Lareth, cleared the moathouse and went out the back door to find... no one.
    I went back and forth thru the door, went to town and back, and still no encounter!
    I have the latest patch 5.0.5 AND the new moathouse patch and still nothing.
    Did i forget a step or trigger?

- Thanks!

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

What alignment are you playing? Also, are Zert, Kobort, or Turuko in your party, or possibly dead?

The ambush may not happen depending on some of these conditions.

3. Saul

Saul Member

My party is Neutral evil, And zert was with me, but he got killed by Lareths minions, and i wasnt inclined to raise him.
    Does Zert need to be alive, or not in my party?

4. Gaear

Yes, because he's one of the ambushers. Also, I can't remember specifically atm, but I think evil alignments (at least some of them) won't get the ambush.

5. Saul

Saul Member

Crud! I guess i have to start a new good aligned game.
    Thanks for the help.

btw, so if i want the encounter to happen, i can't hire Zert?

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

The conditions are:
    1) Don't have Zert, Kobort or Turuko in your party
    2) Don't kill any of the above either
    3) Don't be Lawful Evil
    4) Don't talk to Otis (this is used as a measure of the passage of time, I guess)

7. Gaear

That's correct, but I think I since changed that to story state 2. Also, Lareth has to be dead.

8. Aesandil

Aesandil Wanderer

Done it a few days ago, worked just fine. CG party with 5 PC`s. I wasn`t fully aware of the ambush, so it came out as a nice surprise. One of the better Co8 additions, adding some flavour to the Moathouse.

9. Saul

Saul Member

ALSO... it looks like you can't ever hire Zert, Kobort or Turuko, either. At least that's what it seems messed it up for me.

10. Aesandil

Aesandil Wanderer

I had Zert in my party for a very short while. I kicked him off right after relieving him of his belongings. *coughs*
    It`s possible that dragging any of them along with you for longer might case some problems, or visiting the Moathouse with any of these bad guys in your party (even if you, let`s say, dismiss them before approaching Lareth). Can`t say for sure, though.

11. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

You don't have to hire Zert to loot his stuff - that's what the drinking contest is for! You can pick up a lot of good stuff (chain shirt, banded armor, etc.) by looting the passed out drunks after the contest and no one seems to mind... :eyebrow:

12. Jadefang

Jadefang Member

What's also funny is that even after looting Zert and Kobort after the drinking contest, they come back again decked out in full gear at the Moathouse.

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Zert re-equipped himself from his warhorse in the stables.

14. grinner666

grinner666 Member

OR, since Kobort and Turuko obviously have a patron somewhere, he/she/it resupplied them ... :D

15. Aesandil

Aesandil Wanderer

Mhm, I am well aware of that. I didn`t hire Zert just specifically for that purpose. I had a looong break from ToEE (never wanted to get back after playing vanilla, I`m sure you all know the reasons), and now I`m going through it with Co8 5.0.5, checking everything and everyone thoroughly, firstly - because the mod(-s) changed many things for the better, and secondly - because a lot of the original content I don`t remember too well. And also because... I always do that anyway.
    And true, it always boggled me how the drunkards never seemed to notice their stuff missing after they finally wake up. Whatever they served in that inn, must had been potent.

I was so relieved they had enough senses not to set up an ambush while still being naked.

Our Host!