No Paladin spells?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by lovecraft58, May 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. lovecraft58

lovecraft58 Member

Here's my 8th level Paladin:

ST 17
    DX 18
    CON 14
    IN 12
    WIS 11
    CHA 14

There are no spells to choose from even though there is an open slot for me to drag one to. Is there a problem with another stat? My WIS should at least give me 1 first level spell, right?

Nick:shrug:

2. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

It depends on the level of the pally.

The first level of spells (at 5º lvl? don't remember), paladins get 0 spells, this means, only bonus from the corresponding attribute.
    Since 11 doesn't have a modifier, you have 0 + 0 spells available. When you get to level 8 you should increase his wisdom.
    You should have used your 12 in wisdom, not intelligence...and your 18 in charisma or strength.

3. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

You should be able to cast a single 1st level paladin spell at 8th level with an 11 wisdom. Unless you're fallen, there's no in-game explanation for this. Try increasing your wisdom with the console to see if that solves the problem, if for no other reason than to just figure out what the deal is.

You didn't just raise his wisdom at 8th level did you? That might cause the problem if the game checked your wis score for spells before you upped your stats. Other than that, I'm stumped. :blink:

4. xiudin

xiudin Member

Or if you'd rather not use the console you can test it by casting Owl's wisdom on him and see if Wisdom is your problem. The buff isn't a permanent solution, so you can get a necklace of wisdom if the buff solves your problem.

5. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Woot, i didn't see that :p

I din't read this well neither. :roll:

You have your available slot, but you don't have a list to take spells...now, that's a bug indeed.

Try "clean the game cachè".

6. lovecraft58

lovecraft58 Member

I did just raise my stat from 10 to 11. Very frustrating.

Nick

7. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Try this to see if that was the problem:
    Now that his wis is high enough, level him up with the console and see if he gets spells again. I think I remember something like this happening to me a long time ago.
    If you have a save right before levelling, go ahead and give him an 11 wis before levelling, add the point to wisdom and then take it away again after you level. Should work out without changing your stats in the end.

Our Host!