5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Heh, no problem. But that would definitely explain it. ;) I'll roll up that new CMF soon.

2. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Dialogue error: When the knights reward you for Scather (Yes, I got it! Check that other thread for details, heh), the knight says "I have been instructed to give to each of one you the following items:". The "of" and "one" in there should be switched :)

Oh, and dunno if this is to be considered a bug or even fixable, but if you have a druid polymorphed into wildshape when the rewards are given out, it won't work. So my Meleny got the shaft... (get yer minds outta the gutter...)

Qwinn

3. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Oooh. Found another one... well, actually, it'd been found before but now I know what's causing it more specifically:

In >this thread<, someone pointed out that they couldn't get the key to the Drow tunnels in Verbobonc. The first time I played through, I didn't have the problem because it was nighttime and thus I talked to the gnomes I rescued before I talked to Prince Zook who, at night, is behind them in the gnome building. But the second time, it was daytime, and I talked to Prince Zook in the royal hall (and got the quest for the Drow) before I talked to the gnomes I rescued, and when I talked to the latter, I couldn't get the conversation path where they give you the key, all I'd get is "I'm going to help you with your Drow problem". It -appears- that once you have the quest from Prince Zook, you don't get the key any longer. The way to get the key is to get the Drow quest from the rescued gnomes, not from Prince Zook, because once you have the quest, no key.

Qwinn

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  4. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

From buying scrolls at Ariel's shop, the following scrolls are not scribable by my wizard:

True Seeing
    Summon Swarm
    Emotion

I'm guessing she's selling the cleric versions? Not positive about the Summon Swarm, but the other two -should- be available to wizards to scribe too, I think.

Qwinn

5. rbc

rbc Shoggoth

As regards the scripts.py that Ted cross-posted from KotB, I have a question/comment about the away function.

Why bother with the check for x exceeding six? I can set obj.rotation to any number I want, including those well above six and those below zero, and get exactly what I expect, so there's no reason for this -- unless you've encountered a bug, in which case I'd be very interested to hear about it. Livonya's slaughtered caravan in random_encounter.py has long used random rotations up to 20.

Also note that if you did want to do this properly, the right numbers aren't 3 and 6 -- they're pi and two pi! For proof, set an object (easiest is probably the party leader, using ed.py's setrot), in sequence, to 6, 12, 18, 24, etc. and you will see it rotate slowly to the left instead of keeping a constant facing directly away from you. By the time you get to setrot(60), the leader is facing *towards* you, not away. setrot(62.83), however, (approximately two pi times 10), is directly away from you again, as is the case with every argument which equals an integer multiple of two pi. The value of obj.rotation is angle measured in radians.

Personally, I'd just give the one-line definition

and be done with it. Sure, you could go as far as "from math import pi", but that'd be overkill. ;)

6. rbc

rbc Shoggoth

money_script() in py00334generic_spawner.py is inconsistent with the PHB. Random starting gold is supposed to be 10 times Nd4 gp, where N varies by character class. What that ought to look like, for Barbarians (N=4) for example, is

What is actually in the script is

Putting the 1000 inside versus outside the random_range is not a big deal, but using just one random_range when 2 to 6 are called for *is* a problem. d13+3 is not anything like the same as 4d4; in particular, the version currently in the script produces extreme values (both very high and very low) much more often than it ought to.

"Spell233 - Holy Word.py" already does this correctly; it has "spell.duration = game.random_range(1,4) + game.random_range(1,4)" rather than game.random_range(2,8) (which would be d7+1, not 2d4).

My proposal, to make this easier on script writers everywhere, is to add a function rolldice(n,s) to a suitable location, such as Co8.py. This computes the random result of rolling n dice with s sides each. It is simple to implement, and requires much less coding on the modder's part. The function is very short, just

That way, the correct money_script formula for fighters, paladins and rangers would be simply "pc.money_adj(rolldice(6,4)*1000)" not some long and hard-to-check sum of six different calls to random_range().

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks for those suggestions. I assumed '6' as an upper 'limit' for rotation based on Agetian's compass suggestions in the ToEEWB manual and have found, based on rotating over a hundred NPCs, scenery objects etc that they come out as I want, but if the upper 'limit' is closer to 6.28 I stand corrected.

8. rbc

rbc Shoggoth

Sure -- the difference between 6 and 6.3 is small, so it's hard to see. It is there, though, as the difference between 60 and 63 shows more clearly. I was mostly pointing out that there is no real limit to the number you can use for the rotation, so the subtraction step isn't strictly necessary.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hey Sitra -

I seem to recall that Blue had to do some fiddling with Nalorrem and/or Merrolan to fix the multiple juggernaut or water temple hostility bug. (I think it was the latter.) Could that possibly be why Nal was turned off, and if so, would this mod re-break that?

10. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Nalorrem wasn't turned off. And, in fact, his dialogue script was left untouched by Blue. Additionally, it seems he was mute in Vanilla ToEE as well. There's no Co8 MOB that overwrites him, either. So unless Troika itself muted him in an attempt to fix the juggernaut, it should be alright. And if not, we'll hear about it soon enough :p

11. crossfirex

crossfirex Member

Re: New content removal mod/patch

I have trouble finding the handgun....

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Its one possible 'reward' for the end of the moathouse respawn.

13. Grayman

Grayman Member

I am new here and I think I found a serious bug. After updating the Co8 5.0.5 (that cumulative pack found in the donwload mod section), Burne stopped trading. The dialogue is still there but when you choose to trade, the dialogue just ends. I even started a new game and this problem persists. Is that 5.0.5 pack the latest ?

14. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Grayman,

When did you d/l the 5.0.5 CMF? I know Gaear just updated the CMF yesterday with a fix for that problem, if you downloaded 5.0.5 before yesterday it probably did not include that fix. I'd suggest re-downloading and installing the CMF, or the Burne fix is also available as a seperate d/l in the 5.0.5 CMF submissions thread if you're confident you can figure out where to extract it to.

15. ben34

ben34 Member

I was just going to say that we still need a patch to fix problems with this game that seem to be difficult to fix unless we can find out what to do from the makers like Atari, hasbro and Troika. But there is no excuse for the Nulb crash!!! That one only exsisted for me at least after I installed 5.0.5 but not 5.0.0 so what the hell I know you can access the programming to fix the Scather crash becasue Troika wont release any information, but the Nulb crash needs to be addressed. Plus I need to know what books I can buy to learn how to make this kind of game because I want to start programming and need to find out what Atari and the others programmers are running to develope this style of game so I can start learning how in order to present a game idea of my own to have developed! If anyone has a clue on where I can start like C++ or OpenGL please let me know, thank you!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!