Can't heal bing?!?!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by witchking, Apr 11, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. witchking

witchking Member

I can't heal Bing. I have I think a 7-8 on useing magical Items, but for some reason identified heal scroll will not work ,it keeps saying device use failed. I'm not understanding why it's not working for me.

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Use magic device requires a couple of things to cast a spell from a scroll. Deciphering it first, of course, but then a Use Magic Check of DC20+spell level (26 in this case). You also have to have the required ability score for the spell in question. Heal is a divine (cleric) spell, so you need a wisdom of 10+spell level (16 in this case).

If neither of those are what's keeping you back, I'm not sure what is. But you can always give yourself a potion of heal. Those work. :mrhappy:

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

More to the point, the Herb shop in Nulb sells a potion of Heal. Its how I did the quest first time out when I hadn't found Y'Dey's secret stash in the Church.

4. witchking

witchking Member

Thanks guys.

5. TonkaElk

TonkaElk Gear Jammer

My lvl2 rogue used the potion on him. Worked like a charm. :biggergri

6. jayhova4x4

jayhova4x4 Member

I'm having the same problem but with a cleric at 3rd level. I see all the scrolls except the heal scroll in the radial menu and I have 2 in my inventory. WTF

7. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

With a 16 or higher wisdom and the scrolls in the clerics inventory they should show up(I often just use the potion of heal):confused:

8. jayhova4x4

jayhova4x4 Member

I used the potion. The heal scroll never showed up on the radial menu. Now when I go the temple of St. Cuthbert the game crashes.

Our Host!