Favored enemies for TOEE (with mod)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by mrbunnyban, Oct 3, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. webusver

webusver Established Member

JerryB, may be you are right. I didn't calculate encounters. I just tried to remember the toughest fights. Somehow I could not remember too much difficulty with human opponents. And well, I never used my ranger as a spokesman.

2. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Okay, I've come upon this selection dilemma myself now for my ranger 5/rogue 3. Have a couple questions.

1) What Evil Outsiders are there besides Iuz?

2) How come no one picked Elementals, for all the elemental nodes?

At this point I'll probably go with Giant, even though they aren't posing much of a challenge. Just wondering though. (my first choice was Goblinoid)

Qwinn

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  3. Jadefang

Jadefang Member

All the demons should be Evil Outsiders. Maybe Zuggtmoy too?

4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Technically, almost everything from the Elemental Nodes should be considered Evil Outsiders, though I don't know if they actually are. The Salamanders in particular should be. That may be a decent choice for later in the game, but I still might go with Humans considering all the human opponents in the Temple.

5. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

I can see the point about the dialog skills, but how often in your ranger going to be your mouthpiece? I generally have a rogue doing the talking. The early bonus from favored enemy to some of the dialog skills will help, but the level one rogue with even a +1 from cha and points in all 5 dialog skills has plenty of bonus to get all the options you need early on.

My focus with rangers is limited to combat. I don't generally calculate based on what I fight most often, but a combination of that and what I fight that gives me difficulty. Humans remain a decent choice, but I rarely have trouble with them. Certainly, the first few levels there's nothing else out there you need more. But overall I find that goblinoids, giants, and outsiders, are in that order where I most benefit from FE (because I get help that I need). I usually plan ahead for that fact and take goblinoid as my first favored enemy. Then I add giant and then outsider.

But that's just how I roll, homie. :peace:

6. Aesandil

Aesandil Wanderer

My Bard/Ranger would fit right in. It was not my main reason for picking humans as my first favoured enemy, though. Mostly because there is so many of them basically everywhere.

Our Host!