Expeditious Retreat: not working properly for Monks?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Molag, Apr 10, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Molag

Molag Member

My halfling has 3 levels of Monk and so his base land speed has increased from 20 to 30 feet. However, when I use a scroll of Expeditious Retreat, his land speed only increases to 50 feet.

I did not try this with any other races, but I did try the same thing with a halfling Barbarian. In this case, his speed went from 30 feet up to 60 feet.

I suspect this may have something to do with the Monk land speed bonus being of the same type as the spell bonus, and so they are not stacking?

Also, I am quite ignorant when it comes to D&D rules, so for all I know maybe this is how it is supposed to work. If not, I guess this can be added to the bottom of the long list of bugs to be fixed. Unfortunately for my halfling Monk, his spring attacks are not quite as deadly as anticipated...

-Molag

Was just playing around with Tenser's Transformation and I am thinking it may also be bugged. I'm using it on my level 18 spiked chain Monk(3)/Fighter(6)/Rogue(9) and it is allowing me to use Flurry of Blows with the spiked chain! Normally I get 3 attacks per round with my spiked chain, even with FOB check marked. However, after using a scroll of Tenser's Transformation (FOB still checked) I am getting 5 attacks per round now. Tenser's is giving an extra attack due to increased BAB, and FOB is giving another one. I checked the attack rolls and I am getting the -2 FOB penalty on these 5 attacks. I am pretty sure this should not be happening.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Not sure about the Tenser's, but that does sound like a bug, esp if you're getting the -2 from FOB.

But the speed thing is right. They don't stack, as they are both enhancement bonuses.

Our Host!