Suggestion

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by StrontiumDog, Mar 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

I have a suggestion to make. First of all, the Black Jay "Hemlock" quest is, strictly speaking, unfinished. It needs to be resolved by finding out(and punishing?) the person who got Corl to drop the hemlock on Black Jay's fields.

Also, is there any point in maximising my thief's pickpocketing skills? If so, which NPCs are the best option to steal from?

Thanks

2. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

I recently read you can pickpocket the gems off the guardians. Otherwise, I'm not sure this skill is very useful. Rogues have a ton of good skills, I don't think PP is one of them.

There is another PP thread here: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1788

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  3. Jadefang

Jadefang Member

Only use I've found was stealing gems off Nira Melbub and reselling them to him (and they go back again to his pickpocket inventory...) Or stealing his key and looting his chest; seems he doesn't mind if you use the key to jack his loot, as opposed to picking the lock with a rogue.

4. StrontiumDog

Good to Know. Thanks.

5. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

There are lots of unfinished stuff...

In Hommlet there's a guy that drives me crazy, complaining about the gnomes on the Kroon hills...and early in the game, you got that "gnome friend" ring ;)
    Unfinished quest? probably.

6. StrontiumDog

Oh, which one in Hommlet was that? I only ever bother talking with the quest-related NPCs. Anyway, I do think that my suggestion above, and similiar quests should be finished properly in Co8 6.0 version. Is there a post where the current improvements for Co8 6.0 have been mentioned?

7. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

...at this point, the only Modding that I know going on with TOEE is to reballance the game, to get rid of the uber warriors. Most of the modders are working diligently on KOTB, working hard to complete the mod....

In any game there might be some unfinished or fleshed out quests, so if he complains about the Gnomes again... just stick a knife in his back when he turns around. or and that is a big OR... write out the idea, flesh it out with text and then if it has something to work with there is a possiblity that one of the modders will help you to finish it... you never know what you can do until you try.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Just FYI, technically the Hemlock quest is finished, inasmuch as you can find some resolution to it, albeit much later in the game. Bear in mind though that, as Ax just said, not all quests will be mentioned, accepted, and completed in every game. It's just doesn't work that way.

9. StrontiumDog

Oh, in what way do you mean it's finished? All I get is that the teamster's son refuses to reveal who forced him to put the hemlocks in the field, then I report to Black Jay and the quest is finished. When I talk to the teamster, he doesn't say anything much re his son's crime. What else ocurs much later on in the game?

10. Gaear

There is a condition where Corl can become dead, and someone you later encounter in the ToEE may cop to it.

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I honestly have never had that happen in any of my games, what are the conditions to trigger it?

12. Gaear

I'm not entirely sure. But in my last game, a certain denizen of the temple told me she'd had him poisoned to shut him up. I hadn't even talked to Corl - or Black Jay for that matter.

13. StrontiumDog

I think(?) this may have to do with the assassins which turn up after you sell Lareth's boots to the traders in Hommlet(ie Gromag and the other one). Wild guess.

14. Gaear

The traders aren't directly related, no.

I checked into this a bit further, and it might behoove you to go check on Corl again at home. His dad might eventually have more info too. Regardless, you won't get any resolution until much later in the game. And resolution will be all it is - there's really not much more for you but to find out about it. Helps to add depth and story though. :)

15. Jadefang

Jadefang Member

I always found the alternative of the party executing Corl on the spot more amusing.

Our Host!