thieves quest help

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by joshuar9476, Feb 29, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. joshuar9476

joshuar9476 Member

spoilers be hereafter:

do i need to get beyond the magically held door to rescue the thief? i'm stuck down in the prison. i've talked to the three prisoners, snuck around the whole place, pick pocketed the first guard, but i just can't figure out a way to open the held door. any subtle suggestions?

2. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Subtle suggestion: AFAIK the magically closed door are the
    ones where your party may be locked up if they're caught
    red handed.

3. Jadefang

Jadefang Member

The quest is actually broken in the most recent patch. Otherwise it's supposed to be the Shady Prisoner.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ugh - don't remind me :suprised:

I'll try to have the next patch out Monday night.

5. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

Here's another question: how does one get in touch with the Thieves Guild in the first place?

(I am the development team's hidden shame)

6. joshuar9476

joshuar9476 Member

that's what i was thinking. so will the patch make it work again, cause i have just two saves: one with my rogue standing in the cell with him and one right before i talk to the guard to go down into the prison.

7. Shiningted

I guess I have to wear questions like that, since the last patch broke it... yes, the purpose of the patch will be to fix things like that, and should specifically address that issue.
    Noooooo, you couldn't be more wrong... we don't hide our shame at all. We're openly ashamed of you :icon_chuc

To encounter the Thieves' Guild, just act like a thief :) Steal some stuff and they will come to you.

8. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Can I suggest that the cook, Fanny, has a desk that is locked with some stuff in it. If that won't do it, then start there, get some practice and work your way around the Keep after that and continue to have some fun.

9. Shiningted

Ok, I am starting to think I was not so idiotic as to break this quest but there was a niggly little bug there all along, depending on what dlg options you took.

You folks who get no response from the rescuee - could you please let me know in what colour the quest appears in your book? Blue (accepted) or purple (mentioned)?

And rather than leave you hanging, if its in purple, then try this: type

game.quests[16].state = qs_accepted

into the console just as it appears, hit enter (the log book should flash and update) and see if he responds then.

This will still be addressed in the next patch, but thats to save you waiting, IF its the problem :)

10. joshuar9476

joshuar9476 Member

the quest is blue on my end ... i can wait til the patch comes out.

11. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

OK. Pickpocketed EVERY person in the Keep, stole some items from the houses, found some saddlebags, no thieves! Am I missing something? Running patch 3, CG party(A rogue of Olidamara in), no NPC

12. stormbard

stormbard Member

I haven't been here since well before this mod, so first off well done all in the making of this awesome unit. I've been enjoying it immensely over the last few weeks, and am very impressed.
    As to the question raised, I stole almost everything imaginable , and no thief showed up, but after I had completed the ruins quest I went into the inn and there was the thief! I loaded a save just before entering the inn and retried, and no thief, so it seems to be random as to when exactly the encounter occurs.
    I don't have enough knowledge of the system to draw any conclusions, just thought I'd share my experience, as I was very frustrated for a while with trying to get into the thieves guild. Then when I wasn't looking.....

Cheers, Jason

13. Shiningted

Yah, it comes from hanging around the pub. Thats where the thieves are. And there is a random element to it.
    You pick-pocketed the Corporal? Thats funny :)

14. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

You don't need to pickpocket anyone, just take something that doesn't belong to you (it's not the same thing, even if it sounds stupid).
    I played chaotic good party, and the first thing of course, was to look each house, and i started in the ones in the west side.
    Found some clothes, and keep it, as i didn't imagined that it would belong to someone actually (it was the merchant's house).
    After two or three days, i went out of the Inn, and there was the thief.

So, if you don't have some skilled "pickpocketer", o don't like steal, or want to play an good alignment, just do that.
    You need to go to the inn a lot.

15. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

Thanks a lot guys. Been approached by some "shadowy guy" :joy:

And, yes Ted, I have pickpocketed the Corporal. Funny indeed, stealing from the guards:D

Our Host!