Help getting to outdoor maps ...

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Hawkstrike, Feb 23, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Hawkstrike

Hawkstrike Member

First, kudos for taking this on! It's great to have an expansion to my favorite D&D CRPG! Now on to my question:

OK, I feel stupid for asking this, but ...

I've read the FAQ and Player's Guide. I've wandered about the Keep, had some fun in the sewers, and accepted the quests from the notice board. Now how do I get to those locations?

I've seen the scribe and gone out of the Keep, but there's no way to exit the Keep map except to the Graveyard (which is just a black screen to me with the necromancer wandering around). I've tried concentrated serach ... nothing. What have I missed? I'd like to go on to the outdoor adventure areas. No world map comes up when I check maps, either.

Edit: if it matters ... ToEE has up to Patch 3 applied, the Demo has patch 1.0.3. Running WinXP/SP2.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  2. SanityLost42

SanityLost42 Member

I'm by no means an expert, but until one shows up, I THINK your problem is this

I haven't installed KoTB yet, (Running through ToEE again with the current party), but I THINK Co8 mods have problems with Atari's Patch 3.

Until someone who actually knows what they're doing shows, I'd wager add/remove program, uninstall, full reinstall via the steps listed in the readme, or here on the forum somewhere(most likely near the DL files), will help alot - good odds to fix your blank graveyard as well.

Good Luck!

3. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

You do realize that to travel to outdoor areas, you must use the World Map instead of just walking to the door icons? You can't get beyond the immediate vicinity of the Keep that way. The World Map is accessible by clicking the appropriate option on you map screen.

You shouldn't have official patch 3 installed either.

That's my contribution.

4. Hawkstrike

Hawkstrike Member

I don't have a world map choice. It's greyed out when I bring up the map screen.

Guess I may have to reinstall, though I'd like to get confirmation if it's a patch 3 problem before I go through all that.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Atari Patch 3 should absolutely not be there in any Co8 game. But you may not have to unistall everything. Try deactivating the KotB module in the front end program, then re-install Atari patch 2 overtop Atari patch 3. Then try running KotB again and see what happens.

6. Hawkstrike

Hawkstrike Member

Well, I uninstalled/reinstalled through patch 2, then KotB.

Now when I start a new game, it opens in combat with the three merchants at the convoy (who are each represented by doors). I try fighting them, but the game eventually locks up.

Guess I can try a fresh install (again) and see what that does.

Edit: [Later] The complete uninstall/reinstall did it. It's working for me now, and no door-merchants. Killed some spiders, and all is good.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks for letting us know :)

8. Grom Fellaxe

Grom Fellaxe Dwarf Warrior

Try accessing the World Map from inside the Keep (marketplace, gates, etc, but NOT inside a building). Going outside the gates seems to considered "inside" by the engine.

I have patch 3 installed for ToEE and have had no problems.

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Wow, imagine that! Most people claim having problems that are derived from installing the Atari Patch3. You are fortunate in that respect.

Our Host!