How do I get the old Scather model back?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by aa21999, Feb 19, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. aa21999

aa21999 Member

Re: Help A Noob Plz

Can anyone help me find a patch that will give me the old mod for scather back so I can have nice big blue Falchion look I would like to have the option still open if possible to have either look still, thank you!

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Re: Help A Noob Plz

Try a forum search. There should be a few threads giving that info.

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

to remove the new look from Fragarach and Scather you need to go to your Temple of Elemental Evil\data\art\meshes\Weapons folder and delete (or move) the following files...

SCATH.MDF
    SCATH.TGA
    scathrd_sword.SKA
    scathrd_sword.SKM
    scathrd_sword.txt
    FRAGA.MDF
    FRAGA.TGA
    fragard_sword.SKA
    fragard_sword.SKM
    fragard_sword.txt

That should revert Fragarach and Scather to their original style.

4. aa21999

aa21999 Member

Woe woe woe dude I am by no means a mind reader dude!? which files exzactly do I keep and which do I delete and do I need to replace any with a file I don't have anymore is what I was thinking??? if so do you know what the file name is and where to put it exzactly by chance?

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

You move or delete all the files mentioned by Allyx.
    Move or delete all of the files (mentioned by Allyx) from this path.
    C:\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\data\art\meshes\Weapons

[EDIT]
    If you want to move them for a game, now, but you also want to put them back later for a different new game at a later time, make a temp folder where ever you prefer or want and move those files to that temp folder. At that later point, move all of those files back to their original folder.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  6. aa21999

aa21999 Member

I did I backed them up most definetly; however when I deleted them like Allyx said my save game will not load it crashes every time! and some of those files were deleted one at a time and guess what happens all that happens before it crashes with specific files is that the sword dissapears!! alltogether no old scather no new old bast style either!?

7. aa21999

aa21999 Member

So I DO have to start a new game is that it AND ONLY then will I see the old style scather!? AND my save game now is no longer able to to load so I SHOULD delete it RIGHT???? I just need some clearification so I know exzactly what I am to proceed to, thank you.

8. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Yah, start a new game.

[EDIT]
    I would expect to have to start a new game, the best way to avoid issues of corruption.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  9. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

It's really hard to understand what you say, you write without puntuations :twitch:

If i understand well what you said, remember, when you change something in the game, you need to "clean the game cachè".

What it's happening probably, it's the game trying to read the old files -now erased- of frag, hence the crashes...cleaning the game cachè would solve that

10. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Agreed HK.

---------

Aa21999 - not everyone here is English first language (me included). So could you please use standard English (or type up in Word and use the built-in features there)? It really helps us to help you. And please also remember that we're trying our best to help you but sadly we are not capable of judging your computer literacy from afar. Cheers -

Zeb in sleepy moderator mode.

----

Now back to your questions, as HK suggests try cleaning the game cache (leave the option always enabled in the front-end is often a wise plan). If the game still crashes, then try a new game.

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmm... Allyx gave you very precise instructions as to

- exactly where the files are
    - exactly what to do with them
    even taking into account the fact that you wanted to
    which is why he suggested maybe just moving them somewhere, not deleting them. Either way, once they are out of that folder, the game reverts to the originals, which is what you want.

Now, some good news - there may be a way to do this without starting a new game. Try placing the swords in a chest or container - I would suggest one of the 2 in the house in Nulb you can rent. Leave the map and save. THEN delete or move the files out of the game (all the files at once). Restart the game, clear the map cache, then go into the house. Hopefully the game won't crash and it will work.

12. aa21999

aa21999 Member

Sorry about my haste gramm fellows, I am truely just feeling my way through all this. I must appologise, I am sure there are more important matters at hand of course! I will keep working on the issue in my new game now that I know, and I will multitask to my backup file and try the chest method as well thank you!

13. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Greetings!
    About this, I can't let to ask: Why change the look of the two swords? It´s much more intresting that the latest "shining-ordinary-sword" that actually is in the game.
    I'm sorry if this is a stupid or ofensive question anyway.

Our Host!