XP Hack?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aa21999, Feb 19, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. aa21999

aa21999 Member

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the old XP hack back from disabling device failures!? I see that if you are sucessfull you supposidly gain full XP that one time thats IT! But I was hoping to modify some files to get it back the way it used to be so I can gain levels a little faster because I need to get my characters up to where they used to be BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW IF YOU ALL NOTICED IT? BUT THIS cO8 MOD IS REALLY REALLY EASY TO HAVE YOUR SAVED GAMES(I do have them backed up by the way!) Currupted.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Beleive it or not, the Co8 strives to do its best to fix bugs, not introduce them (admittedly sometimes they are, but that situation is usually rectified pretty quickly). Receiving XP from failed trap disabling atempts IS a bug, and has been fixed to the best of our ability.

I would perhaps consider the way in which you conduct yourself here aa21999, your posting style is not to the liking of the majority of the forum moderators.

Long posts without paragraphs are difficult to read, Typing with caps lock on is considered to be shouting and thus rude, unless it is to highlight a very specific point (your caps locked comments in the post above do not count as a specific point in my opinion). Posts made by each individual should be on the same topic as the rest of the posts in the thread (some threads get derailed at times, this is unavoidable, but that is usually a relatively slow evolution within the thread that no longer relates to the thread after a few posts. that is when moderators step into separate irrelevant posts and make a new thread).

This is the General discussion forum, for non ToEE chat, this post is in completely the wrong forum,the ToEE forum or General Modification forum would have been much better choices for this thread.

May I suggest you search for, read and pay attention to the Forum Ettiquette post by Cujo which describes more examples of how posting in away such as yours can and will result in members being banned, and how to avoid such a situation.

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Forget about the niceties; he's foregone them. Ban him now.

4. aa21999

aa21999 Member

Woe Woe Woe!? I am only explaning in a positive non foul literature way(no cusing!!) so who cares if I have a run on sentence to shout my point out, I'v done nothing wrong? no bad words, I don't get it? so im not a PHD in language arts fool, I only wish to use this wonderfull network in order to advance my gamePLAY!!!!! so what, you go ahead and ban me I will still do what I want and live MY LIFE!!! sorry player.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

O gad - that was actually an ironically clever comeback. :blink:

Or the final straw / nail / post. :shrug:

6. aa21999

aa21999 Member

No I backed my saves up, but it just really really bites starting a new mod and not having it show up unless I start over thats all!!!! I can still play my backup save I just have no way of knowing untill I start ALL THE WAY OVer! So thats all I asked for was some clearification and some inspiration to proceed; perhaps I should have kept it to myself. In the future simply tell me that enough is enough and I will conduct myself however you see fit. No mistake is big enough to bring me down and I will never worry about a machine that is not human more than my own life. You can say what you say but I only seek answers to problems you should know the answers to. I perhaps should have simply asked the professionals at Atari or Wizards I just thought you had your crap together thats all. Either way I will not worry about my literature structure in a Math class, no point.

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The main problem aa21999 is that I give up reading your posts about 5 lines down, because it is extreemly difficult to read a big block of text that is not broken up into paragraphs.

You could be asking the most thought provoking, insightful and interesting questions ever on this board, and I would have just skipped it because I couldn't be bothered to struggle through enough of your post to read them.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hm, the only sense I can make of this is that aa21999 is ready to ride the ban lightnin'. Have fun!

Check back in a week or so and give it another go then, and ponder in the meantime how none of this foolishness is any good for anybody here. (Except for your repeat single paragraph submission a few posts up, which I shall move to your single paragraph thread where it will be more appreciated. Thanks for that, but maybe some new material would be a good idea? Anybody can cut and paste.) :bored:

Our Host!