Official KotB Demo Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Feb 3, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

Entering the Temple of Hextor and killing everyone causes a CTD whenever I click on the log book at any later time, including saving and reloading or restarting KotB.

I have the same problem. While I can stil complete the game, it is quite annoying:smarty:

2. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

-Hum, i've got patch 1, and yes, the dragon his messed (something with the alphas), but that's been fixed, as Sirchet posted.

-The chest on the dragon swamp it's indeed, imposible to open (charcters say "as you wish", but nothing happens)...by normal means.
    If it's not been fixed then:
    To open it, pick the lock by normal means, and then just use the 0 lvl spell open/close.
    After that it will be always open.

-To perform a charge, a creature needs at least 10 feet in straight line. The Komodo lizards on the dragon's swamp charged from 1,5 feet (they where attacking my wiz in meleè, and i moved 1,5 feet to shoot with no AoO, but the charged every round).
    I think the same happens with wolves (which btw, tripped me! :eek:mg: cool).
    And they don't get the penalty to AC -_-

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmmm.... more AI finessing needed. The 10' thing we can fix. If charging creatures aren't getting the -2 to AC, thats not something we can really fix.

The logbook issue - had that when I made DH, I think, forgot about it. Can be fixed.
    I'll have a look.

In better news, I've already fixed Nobby's poison weapon thing, the archers, and a whole slew of minor things.

4. Lorn

Lorn Member

More info on Billy the Elven Tracker.

I leveled up to three outside of town and came back to the keep to behold a line of guards attacking... nothing. And getting hit as well. Running up to the wall resulted in all the guards being gone and still no Billy.

And so I re-loaded from before leveling up and returned to the keep and leveled up in the merchant square. I then saved and:

Entered the bank and exited. All the guards were there but no Billy. Reload.
    Enter the tavern and return to the wall. Hello Billy! Reload.
    Enter the bank and return. No Billy. Enter the tavern and return. There's Billy!

From what I've read I'm guessing the cat at the tavern is controling Billy. Looks like the cat should control the guards as well.

I also noticed some incomplete text when talking to the most Senior Accolyte of Heironious. Sorry I can't be more specific just now - it was only in his initial speach so I can't see it now.

Hermit - Goody good path.
    I had to kill his pet (mini-hydra) first to avoid him attacking the party when the bandits attacked.

Bear - master of crits.
    That bear is one bad dude. I've tried to take him out several times and he always kills people on the first round with a crit.

That's all for now.

5. Lorn

Lorn Member

Mannes' incomplete text is: "Oh, please wipe your feet in future."

6. Shiningted

Thats some precise bug-hunting. Thanks.

With the Hermit, are you saying the Hermit attacks depenidng on what the cropser does? Because the corpser is just a nearby monster that is meant to attack whoever and whatever it sees. As long as it is not attacking the Hermit himself, I'm not bothered.

As for Billy - well I'll certainly fix it, but basically the cat sets a flag that should make both Billy and the Guards appear. But depending where you arrive on the map, some or all or none of the Billy / Guards group may or may not be in range to react to that flag.

7. Lorn

Lorn Member

For the Hermit, I was attacking the bandits and all was well until one of my party got the corpser in range. Then the Corpser attacked a bandit and the bandit almost killed the Corpser. Not wanting the XP to get away I quickly finished off the Corpser then the bandit. Mr Hermit finished off the last bandit then turned on me. I wasn't paying attention to exacty when the Hermit turned hostile. I reloaded and proceded to kill the Corpser first out of range of the Hermit then when I killed the Bandits all went well.
    Granted I can't say 100% that the Corpser made the Hermit go hostile. Maybe since the Corpser attacked a bandit I killed a percieved friend which messed up the Hermit.

8. Shiningted

No - if combat hadn't ended then the Hermit shouldn't have turned on you. You didn't hit him with friendly fire did you?

9. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

If a combat start close the hermit, he will attck, even if you didn't do anything to him.

I was walking from the west side of the pond, the corpser initiated combat, and suddendly from the map fog emerged the hermit to attack me (wow, that sounds more epic than it was), even when i hadn't seen him yet, or even get close to their tree. A few rounds later the panther too.

10. Lorn

Lorn Member

I did not hit the Hermit with friendly fire - no spells cast. When the corpser hit a bandit I remember seeing "Friendly Fire". The panther did not show up for me, however. I tried knocking the Hermit out to see if he would come to his sences later but no go.

11. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

My bard convinced the mad hermit to follow her to the Archdruid by singing a song, he accepts, the screen goes black, then nothing!!!!! Just pitch black. Had to exit to windows, etc...

12. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

>> Mad Wizard didn't attack when I entered his chamber, nor does he have any dialogue. I really like the use you made of my laboratory map, it's one of my faves. But the battle was WAY too easy. I literally didn't take a hit.

In other news, I finished it (v 1.01)! Love the endgame. Great teaser there to draw people in. I survived it too, but I probably wouldn't have without Pain's Memory, left over from the Cleric of Hextor inexplicably joining us.

I didn't get to do any Maeri quests after the altar-sprinkling one, since I couldn't confirm it, and I never found the Thieves Guild. Does a thief have to be leader to find it?

Also, as of 6:34 this morning, I'm a father for a second time.

Rock on.

13. calurin1

calurin1 Member

Hi there

First off I think the game is great so well done :cool2:. But this is a bug thread so I'll post my bug. Basically the problem is that I can't move around the Keep map anymore without the game crashing (I think game crashing means a CTD, I'm not sure what CTD means though). In fact from my most recent saves when I try to access the Keep map from other locations now the game crashes even before the map has loaded.

I don't really know why this is happening but at first I thought it was because my party killed Lady Meari when I told her I did not sprinkle the water she gave me for the ruins with the archdruid. The thing was though I tried earlier saves where she was alive and although I could access the keep map and move about the game still crashed after a certain amount of time on the map. I've played the module with two parties. The saves with the first party seem unaffected by this problem which is weird.

Anyway I've made copies of my KotB players and save folders so if you want to look at them I'll send them.

Thanks

14. Jadefang

Jadefang Member

Few things I found:

-In the fight with the dragon, it seems to also target the giant lizards with melee attacks. Might have something to do with hitting them with its breath weapon?

-When giving the spider queen the spider eggs back by using the Bluff option about giving all of them but one, turns out none of the eggs are actually taken. I haven't tried the other options.

Some exotic weapon proficiencies are also improperly labelled on the list (e.g. Nunchaku is supposed to be Tonfa, Halfling Nunchaku is supposed to be War Fan), although they show up properly labelled in the selected bars and the character sheet.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  15. Shiningted

:rock: Woohoooo!!! Congrats dude! Wow, 2 kids since we started all this... makes ya think...
    Ahhh, thats an interesting one. That means the game is playing out the 'game.fade' - instead of fading out and making an hour pass in game time (or however long I set it to pass) its gone black and waiting for an hour ;) Ugh. But fixable.
    Yeah, isn't that just typical? Compare that to the 'i fought the Mad Wizard and Egor stood next to him and did nothing' issue: when they are set up to join in, they don't. When they are an entirely different faction who should NOT join in, they come from all sides :yawn:

In case anyone is wondering, the panther is NOT meant to show up during the Bandit fight if the Hermit is on your side.

I'll see about fixing all these (they all sound fixable - and the Dragon map is still on my to-do list). Calurin, please do send me your saves.

Our Host!