Two bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Tuco, Feb 11, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Tuco

Tuco Member

Hello,
    I am playing The Temple of Elemental Evil for the first time and I have encountered two bugs.

The first is with the bandits on the second level of the Temple. After I have hurt the leader enough he initiates a dialogue whereupon he (and his companions) offers to flee the area. I accept his offer, and he disappears but the rest of his troop remain and fight on...

The second is fighting four ogres just North-East of these bandits. When I fight them I get the jump on them, however on the turn of an ogre nothing happens - it's as if the game is waiting for me to move the ogre. Needless to say a reload is required, and the same thing happens again.

cheers,
    Tuco

EDIT: A similar problem as occured with the Turnkey on dungeon level 1: at a certain point during combat he offers to surrender. I accept, and when the dialogue closes combat continues as if nothing had happened.

EDIT 2: dragon alumni, my sorcerer having just learned fireball, I attempted the combat again, however no amount of heat could wake the ogres from their timeless stupor.

I am running The Temple of Elemental Evil with co8 5.05 (installed correctly I might add), and also the portrait pack and another mod which adds some missing movie clips.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  2. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

I have a special debug tool for these situations, I call it a wand/rod of fire(ball)s.

3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

That's fantastically helpful, dragonalumni.

Tuco,

What version of ToEE are you running?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  4. Tuco

Tuco Member

I have another question. The blacksmith in Homlett offered to sell me higher quality merchandise if I bring him the head of hill giant. I did this, but noticed no change in his inventory. (He sold a few masterwork items from the very beginning if that helps)

5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

That one I think I can help you with. Your first post problems, I'm not so sure since I have never seen those issues with a Co8 mod installed. But for the smith, you need to wait at least 24 hours and then cause a map change (not just pass time for 24 hours right in front of the smith) before he will break out the masterwork items. The easiest way to do this is just to go sleep for 24 hours (I sleep for 25 hours just to be sure) in the Welcome Wench. When you go back, he should have an excellent selection of MW items.

The same process works for the cabinet maker (MW wooden items, including bows) and the leather workers (MW leather armors and slings) once you complete their respective quests, by the way.

6. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Yeah those are two bugs.

Bandit leader was taken out by early Co8 mods because it just wouldn't work (added back by Liv).

Turnkey is a PITA.

Problem is switching off aggro for all the bad guys. Should be doable considering what has been learnt, just no-one has had time to do it yet.

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The Blacksmith mentions that the needs a week to make some masterwork weapons, try resting in the inn for 7 days and talking to him then.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

There is a 'end-combat' thing in Co8.py that C-Blue wrote for just such an occasion.

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I think the carpenter requires a week, the Blacksmith requires a day? Could be. :shrug:

10. St.Cuthbert1176

St.Cuthbert1176 Member

i hadd the same combat freezes but when i clicked on the portraits at the top of the screen...u no the combat order lineup....well that solved the problem most of tha time but i do occasionally have to restart...just remember a rule of thumb......save often...it helps....toeee wasnt a stable program to begin with and even tho my buddies here at co8 have improved the stability overall...it still remains flawed in many ways so just save often and chalk any restarts you have to do as a small price to pay to play on awsome d and d game with awsome mods

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Couldn't agree more.
    Yeah that sounds right. The Carpenter actually makes the Masterwork gear - the Blacksmith merely hauls out his stock.

Our Host!