Official KotB Demo Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Feb 3, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

The arachnophobia quest that you get off the bullitin board seems to not be able to be finnished, I did what the spider asked, but the quest does not complete (unless there is more, but I tried several ways of dealing with it, even destroying the spider for not listening to reason)

2. sps49

sps49 Wide-Eyed Tourist Supporter

I've had the naked bartender occur, but thought nothing of it. I've been in the SF Bay area too long :blink:

Haven't tried to interact with him while naked yet.

On another note; weird dice rolls are par for this course, but last night thrown javelins vs. spiders was like smart bombs vs. Iraqi buildings. I gotta try that more often!

3. tkobo

tkobo Member

I did a clean install and restarted,havent had a crash yet and im to the swamp and cleared the outside area again.

I have recruited the redhead and the dwarf, but could not recruit the monk (he was in the pub,im guessing he's only recruitable in the church ?)

4. St.Cuthbert1176

St.Cuthbert1176 Member

u have to go speak with the head of the town guard at night in the pub or in his office for it to complete

5. St.Cuthbert1176

St.Cuthbert1176 Member

i havent had problems with dice rolls..its pretty random in my game

but i noticed in a couple of random encounter maps that sometimes after winning the battle i cannot move at all and i have to go to the world map and travel somewhere b4 i can move again and also sometimes in the same area of random encounter im running into a problem with not being able to loot even tho the enemy iz outlined in blue....i have to say nice job on the script where you can ruin a pelt by trying to harvest it..makes it more dand d like

6. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

Thats cool, I thought it would just end when completed, but that way is better, Kind of like claiming a reward..

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well some of these things sound like they are sorting themselves out. The idea that the files might become corrupt during the unzipping process hadn't occured to me but I guess it is entirely possible (I can't help but think of what happens if you take a bitmap with pure white bits and save it as a jpg - try it and see!)

My priorities will be:

- fix all the NPC followers (Milo, Angela, Brother Fist and Aeron all have issues - even if you fokls haven't noticed some of them, I have ;))

- I'll have another go at trying to create a replicatable CTD (and then fix it). If I can't, I will probably just completely remake the Inn, Church and Pub maps. A few hours work, but hopefully it will do the trick. Those maps (particularly the Pub) have been around for literally years now and have been added to through various incarnations of ToEEWB, so a complete remake with the latest version should hopefully remove any issues.

And may I say in closing, I hate that f%^$ing bartender.

EDIT:
    StCuthbert - any particular random map? Specifically, was it the swamp or river maps, having problems looting under water? Could be the same problem as the Dragon's chest.

2nd EDIT:
    Great, another random bug. That certainly works for me (its one of the encounters I played as far as.) But yes, you should be able to just read it using the 'use' icon, like Lareth's journal or any other note you find.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  8. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

****POSSIBLE SPOILER****

Here is a weird bug, when I got to meet the castellan, I appeared in a small circle with some tents around me, I attacked the cat that was standing there, and proceeded to shoot arrows at the castellan and his buddies on top of the castle, they then proceeded to walk down the side of the castle like it wasnt there. Not all of the castellan's buddies came down, then I proceeded to walk up the side of the castle to finnish them off (my party is only level 4 and my fighter could have taken them alone)

9. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

After my lvl2 vanquished the dragon, I had two dead characters. Sold some stuff so I had 2000gp. Went to the cleric of heironeous, and asked for a raise dead.

For my fighter character (who was slot #5), it worked finely (I thought that you lost a level when you were raised, but here it set his x at 500, but he's still level2... was that how it worked in ToEE?). The only glitch here is that after you accept to pay, and the person was raised, dialog continues and you get an empty line for the cleric, and two empty options for answering. OPtion 1 seems to not be clickable, or otherwise results in nothing (you stay in dialog mode, with two options but no text). Option 2 gets you out of dialog mode.

For my wizard character (slot#6) I would spend the money but nothing would happen... he would remain very dead. Loaded game and tried multiple times, to no avail.

I figured it might be the position of the dead body, relative to the cleric (even though the cleric doesn't move) [EDIT: Dead bodies remain where they spawned, next to the entrance of a map, but that was also true of the fighter, and it didn't create any difficulties for him]. So I made space, but that didn't change a thing.

Eventually I consoled a scroll of raise dead, and my lvl3 cleric raised the wizard.

10. St.Cuthbert1176

St.Cuthbert1176 Member

EDIT: StCuthbert - any particular random map? Specifically, was it the swamp or river maps, having problems looting under water? Could be the same problem as the Dragon's chest.

sorry i wasnt specific it was the river maps that seemed bugged on the looting however besides that the chest iz the only other looting issue that i have had

it seems like the dragons chest but anyway it was on the river random encounters that i had the problem....besides that and the dragons chest i havent had any other looting issues....everything seems to be coded really well nice work!!!

also just for fits and giggles i slaughtered everyone in the pub at night....but i got no negative reps in my logbook and when i went about town...nobody attacked i was still thier best friend!!!!!dont know if this is a bug but i know i couldnt do that in the old mod and get away with it.....i noticed you added new reps to this mod when i read the handbook and wondered if this type of rep was either not available on the demo or was bugged or wasnt added at all

ifo about party....im running a 4th level fighter/4th level rougue........thats the only charachter in the party ...no npcs

11. Shiningted

Matmaisan: I'll test the Raise Dead thing. It may well be bugged, since there was some debate as to whether to include it at all (the Curate in the original module was never meant to be able to do something as powerful as Raise Dead, but then neither was Terjon, in PnP). In the end I threw in the dialogue but never really tested it.

EDIT: HeJason? Thats not a bug - you just went out of your way to break the end of the game. The cat was there for a reason.

12. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

AVOID CHEATING

characters of 4 lvl are hard to believe, but still possible...charcters of lvl 8 are way imposible.

And DON'T console things!

Fair play, please

13. Shiningted

Half_Knight: Calm down :hug: This is not a testing phase, people can play how they want ;) They just shouldn't report 'bugs' if they are cheating. But a solo character is going to level very fast.

Yes, there should be a blanket rep if people kill the folks in the pub. I'll look into that.

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I got half a mind to kill those drunks that keep CTD'ing the pub at night.:dead:

15. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

HK, I did what I could not to cheat. I sold all valuable items I needed to get the 2000gp. Spent them, and then the raise dead did not work. I don't count consoling a raise dead cheating in this case.

Although I agree, there should probably be no raise deads in KoTB. Its supposed to be a low level adventure.

Our Host!