Guns, Guardian Angels, Vigilantes, and Dirty Looks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mielikki, Dec 5, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

:clap: :clap: :clap:

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Firearms will always be available to those who want them bad enough.
    At least legally owned firearms can be somewhat tracked due to their registration.
    I believe the penalty for using a firearm to commit a crime should be severe.
    I agree with most of the posters, a vigilanty is a criminal.
    A vigilanty acts outside of the law, I find that unacceptable.

Guns do not kill people, people kill people.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

3. Half Knight

Again

4. Dellik

Dellik Fallen

Ok,how does one explain that in switzerland, every home has at least one firearm, and everyone knows how to use them, trained from a VERY young age, and yet they have one of the lowest% of gun realted crimes in the world, Im sorry but I find the idea that more gun control equals safer streets absurd, if you make guns criminal, then only criminals will have guns. as for police not carrying guns, you might as well be painting bullseyes on them. Now I dont doubt that the number of police shooting criminals is very low, with them not carrying, but how about the inverse, criminals shooting cops? Its not like the bad guy is going to advertise that he has a gun, untill he puts a hole in someone. *sigh* evryone is entitled to there opinions, I just wish people would be my informed.. For example that states with the strictest gun control laws, have the *worst* gun related crime problems... Since the brady bill, more hand guns are on the street then ever before. Think about it this way. If you *knew* that evryone most likely is carring a gun, dont you think you would be a lot less likely to mug someone? or break into there house? or hell, even vandalize a building? If you know the guy you are arguing with in that bar has a gun, your less likely to throw a punch, now arent you? if you know the little old lady in front of you, driving 10 miles an hour under the speed limit has a gun, your less likely to start yelling, and honking, and threatening, arent you? give everyone at least the *option* of being armed, and you will find people to be MUCH more forgiving, and understanding. Its lethal not to be. I dont leave home without being armed with at *least* a knife, nor do anyone else I know. and for those that wonder, I live in michigan, a pretty quiet area in fact, but I also live less then 40 min from detroit, I always assume in any confrontation, that the otherguy has a weapon, and its a hell of a way to insure politeness.
    Wow.... what a run-on-rant. Im done now.

5. Icer_Xx

Icer_Xx The Bane of Fire

not to be mean, but cmon, if everyone has a gun, there will be less gun crimes. If you walk into a house with a family of people that have guns, i dont think you stand much of a chance. If you rob a bank, your outnumbered like 40:1. Rob a store, your odds are worse than the bank. Its not that gun laws are bad, its that people cant protect themselves or the society they are in. At the moment, if you try to rob someone with a gun, you deserve to get shot, karma ftw.:angry:

6. Half Knight

Dude, that's fear, not understanding.
    And there's no need to throw a punch in a arguing, or start yelling and threatening an old lady.

Again, you're not being polite, you're being threatenig.
    "Just in case, i carry a weapon" it's not a valid attitude; that's what has lead to many confrontations and wars ( "they have nuclear weapons...let's nuke'm first, just in case")

Violence is NEVER a good solution, it only gets worst.

So you carry a weapon, and your neighbour see that, and starts to carry one, cos he knows you have a weapon and fears if you pull it out in a arguing, and then the other neighbour see that you and his neighbour carry weapons, and he too start to, just in case, and fear of you...and then it's how you got a bunch of fearing people, armed and ready to pull a weapon, just in case the other pulls one...and then some one draws one before others do it first...

7. Dellik

Dellik Fallen

Altho Im sure you didnt realize it, you have in fact made my point HK, think about it, all the significant countrys have nuclear weapons, ostensibly because they need them to protect themselves from the others that also have them... as a result.... no one "nuke's" anybody, because they know that they will get "Nuked" in return... same principal with firearms. I wont attack someone, because I know Ill get shot if I do. now I know this isnt ideal, that thats NOT the reason to refrain from shooting someone, That ever life is precious and all that BS, but telling people its wrong to shoot each other doesnt even slow them down, tlling them they will prolly DIE if they shoot someone, makes just about anyone slow their roll.

This "its wrong, and people should know better " attitude has gotta stop folks... People seem to forget, morals are subjective(I already know Im gonna get a argument that morals arent subjective, but by definition they are, AND Ive got about a hundred ways to prove it, so.. dont open that can of worms unless you really want it dumped on the floor:D ).. what you consider obviously wrong, the guy living next door may very well consider a good night out on the town. You cant count on right/wrong to ever help/save you. the ***only*** thing you can ever count on to save you is *you*

8. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Actually looking at things I have to say when everyone has a gun more people get shot. For example in the USA more people carry guns then in NZ and more people get shot. I have a friend from Florida who was telling me that one of his friends shot someone over a game of pool and is now in jail.

Its all about how you look at the world, owning guns isn't a bad thing, but thinking that they'll keep you out of trouble is. Killing someone should never be easy. And morals aren't subjective right is awlays right and wrong is always wrong the rest is just cultral differences.

Also you forget that in 9th century England there was no gun violence at all.

9. Half Knight

No no, don't get me wrong; i didn't say you where wrong, in fact the sad thing is that we both have right.

Another sad point; that the "significant countrys" consider themselves so, cos they have powerful weapons...or achieved their status through "martial prowess"...

At this point in history, there's no need of protection. I really doubt my country has nuclear weapons, in fact we don't have an army, the president decided it was useless and shut it down (we have some troops, tho, just to say "yes, we have soldiers" ;) )

And again, i won't deny you're right...
    But you count just in yourself cos you make thing work by fear. You carry a weapon, so noone would bother you...but also none would help.
    Here, normal people don't carry weapons, still, when help is needed, lots of people helps. Sure, there are a lot who just lower their eyes and step aside out of fear, but if i was carrying a weapon, then be sure that all of them would step aside.

In a movie a king asked "which is a better way to rule, be feared or loved?"
    A good question. And the answer is obvious. But sadly, we're on rough times.:sadblinky

And of course moral is subjetive!
    I'ts morally right for me to go around naked but people doesn't think so :p

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Life is all about whether or not a person is a responsible and decent person, regardless of whether or not people own firearms.

Here is my rant. Guns do not kill people--people kill people. People will kill people one way or another whether they have guns or do not have guns. People who are evil will be bad people who hurt and, maybe, kill others regardless of whether firearms are legal or are illegal. People committing evil acts are why we [the USA] have prisons and electric chairs.

People should be allowed to own and carry firearms. At least people in the USA should be able to own and carry firearms. That is in our US. Constitution, is our heritage and right.

11. Dellik

Dellik Fallen

12. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Thank you Krunch!
    I agree whole heartily. :thumbsup:

13. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I'm glad to be welcomed, but aren't you married or something. If not, would you like to. I like grey-skinned chicks.

14. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

MORE FUN!
    In Montana, 2 kick-burglars entered a 50 year old man's house, stabbed him to death in his bed, and robbed his house. They then went to a house occupied by an 11 year old girl and she shot them both dead. She was a skeet-shooting champion.

Food for thought: Kick burglars usually have an idea what's in the houses they choose.

News stories usually create a lot of anxiety in people because they paint the world as a bad place. Actually, even in "bad" neighborhoods, most people are good people. When guys from the Houston Chapter went to San Antonio, Texas to help the people there start a Guardian Angel chapter, everyone told us not to go to Apache Heights, a housing project on the near west side, because we would be shot. So of course we went. I thought I was going to die. I never ate so much food in my life. Poor immigrants often have a strong tradition of hospitality (and a bad reputation). The same thing happened to me in the Bronx, where the people were Dominican, rather than Mexican. I here it's like that in Iraq, too.

It's very easy to let your expectations color your perceptions.

15. Mielikki

Mielikki Member

wow, what a rant this thread has become...so, some of u actually believe that if everyone had guns it would be a safer world? why stop at guns? shouldnt everyone have bombs too? i mean if someone truly wants to get a bomb they can, even if it is illegal...(valid argument?) and thanks for not misrepresenting the facts about all the gun owners in other less violent countries. im sure none of those r hunting rifles and they r all handguns...(another great argument huh?) and while it is obvious that if someone wants to harm someone else there is little to do to stop them, if they only possess a knife in each hand instead of 2 semi-automatic pistols and storm into a school i wonder if they will be able to kill as many people. and no, i do not "lean left" i grew up in rural minnesota and have shot deer, waterfowl, rabbits and other four legged "varments" since i was like 7 years old with shotguns, rifles and bows. i have no issue with guns being used for sport just the gun crazy mentality of some in the usa... guns dont kill people, people kill people, but people with guns kill more people than people without guns there is no arguing that. to say that if everyone had guns would lessen that is nonsense. u can make as many invalid arguments as u wish comparing it to god knows what but the facts r the facts. even if u try to skew them to fit your lame lame lame argument. please write back :doublethu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!