Suddenly doors don't open

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by havocmom, Jan 4, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. havocmom

havocmom Member

Hi, maybe this should be in another thread? I did a search, but didn't find this specific topic.

I just killed the Vrock in the Air Node. I found I couldn't open the door to exit the Node. So, I used a scroll of Teleport (LOVE those things) to get back to Hommlet. And I can't open any doors in Hommlet.

I'm playing 5.0.0 on Windows Vista. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you guys!

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You could try clearing the map cache, there is an option to do so in the frontend. Failing that perhaps the save has become corrupt, reloading from a previous save and replaying from there may help to correct the problem.

3. havocmom

havocmom Member

Thanks, Allyx. That's got it; I was running the front end with the "clean game cache" option, but just needed to stop and exit.

4. joshuar9476

joshuar9476 Member

yeah, now i have this problem. i just had the skull destroyed, healed up my party, went to the temple, and now i can't get through the doors. when you click on the icon, nothing happens. i used the sandalwood box to get into the temple and still can't get through doors. sadly, i have no other save than the quick save.

5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Try to save in the safe areas, Welcome Wench, Nulb "safe House", and Moathouse Tower and never use quick save. Use the latest frontend and clean cache and maps and you should be good to go. I haven't had a bug or corrupt save in ages with this routine.

Our Host!