Should i start playing TOEE yet?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sapper_Astro, Nov 26, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

Hello all,

I have lurked here and at the atari forum for an age, watching all the TOEE problems come up and down, the patching issue, etc.

Now, my prob is that i have only mucked around in the initial town ingame for a while. I have not yet really tried to play because i have waited for a superpatch instead of possibly playing the game and getting angry with it. What i have seen so far is great though.
    so....

a: Is the game fairly bug free with all patches and mods at present? (critical bugs, CTDs, Nasty spell effects that never wear off, etc)

b: what mods besides patch 2 would get rid of bugs/make game enjoyable?

My PC for this game is P3 800, 256mbs, sound blaster live, Geforce2 GTS, win98SE. I add this in just in case any bugs are specific to OS.

thanks.

2. Siglorel

Siglorel Member

Ready to play

My answer would be YES. Specifically,

Get the latest version of the co8 patch - the version control means that there are more mods in the 3.0.4 now than when it was initially released.

Also get the latest Temple.zip and apply that as well. This fixes a number of spell bugs and lets you use some additional spells.

I might also advise you to go as far as unpacking the software and checking the starting equipment, as it rather spoils the game if you start with a staff of life. However I'm told the latest patch has the correct equipement
    see here

3. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

Much thanks siglorel.

I have had this game sitting around for about a year now, but didn't want to spoil the action with an incomplete game. From what i have read on here, a LOT has been fixed, mainly due to the work of the people of Co8, of whom i also extend my thanks to. Its a pity the whole lack of support issue happened to this game, but the efforts made here have been a lifesaver for TOEE.

Our Host!