Use Magic Device

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Dellik, Dec 23, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Dellik

Dellik Fallen

I'll start this by apologizing if it belongs somewhere else, but I didnt see anything seeming to relate..

Ok, now the Bug..
    My fighter/cleric with use magic device skill seems to want to roll that when using cleric scrolls... Ie: heal on bing from the stockpile in the church.. this is a unique problem for me.. but also my first fightercleric with use magic device lol... Might deserve some more examination:mrhappy:

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I think you have to create the cleric first, then the fighter. The scrolls should be in the radial menu after using read magic. Use magic device isn't necessary then. Check the radial menu and see if the scrolls are there.

3. Dellik

Dellik Fallen

Nod, I got all that he started as a cleric, and I picked the identified scroll offa the top radial(by inventory) not via the use MD skill... still auto rolls rather than using my built in class skill to use it=/

4. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The fighter class might be interfering with the cleric stuff. Strange things do happen when multi-classing. If the cleric was created first and the scrolls are in the radial menu, they should work. You might have to get rid of the fighter or create another cleric. I think the game is picking up the fighter stuff and making it use magical device instead of normal cleric routine. Just a guess. I'd recommend creating a pure cleric and level-up the other one as a fighter, if it has good fighter stats. Also, it might go away after you level-up. I've seen that before also.

5. Dellik

Dellik Fallen

Nope, hasnt went away, up to 3cl/3fi and its still doin it=?shame too, he was my solo game heh

Our Host!