cleric creation help

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by hooods_breath, Dec 9, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. hooods_breath

hooods_breath Member

I think this is some sort of glitch. I cannot access spells when I try to make a cleric. I've tried changing up his stats, race, gender and alignment many times, but nothing seems to work to get a cleric who can wield magic. Any guesses?

2. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

You don't need to choose/select spells for a cleric at the creation. Once started the game, open the inventory, go to the spells and choose the spells you'd like to memorize. Doesn't work the same way like wiz/sorc

3. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

"hooods_breath" I'm guessing you've read at least Some of Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen series. Probably the best set of books I've EVER read. And I've read a veritable shitload of books.

Now, when you first start a game with a Cleric, you need to pick which spells you wanna memorize (like Zalmoxes said). At character creation you won't be able to pick'em. You start out with certain spells memorized, and you can change them after the game starts.

4. wraith_bones

wraith_bones Member

if u pick a deity with a war domain u get a free weapon focus with that deity's favored weapon..personally i like heironius(good/war)
    i recommend picking turning or item creation feats, they never go outa style

5. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

If you make a cleric with the Good domain, you can craft Holy weapons.

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

clerics of pelor are pretty good with sun and strength domians = greater turning and feat of strength. Eyrthnul is pretty good as well with war and trickery domains = weapon focus morningstar (1d8 x2 piercing and bludgeoning) and bluff as a class skill (add a level of fighter and you get extra feats and most social skills class skills for an interesting party face)

7. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

A dwarf Cle of Moradin not bad either, with earth domain you got turn earth/rebuke air elementals! And makes a more than decent melee if needed( dwarf plate, dwarf axe...)

8. hooods_breath

hooods_breath Member

thanks guys, when I actually get around to playing the game again (I've been to busy to even check my own thread) I'll see to those cleric spells
    so what are some pros and cons of good cleric vs. neutral cleric vs. evil cleric?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  9. hooods_breath

hooods_breath Member

Yeah, zuluwarrior, I don't recall what the name of the book was. but I do think that was the author... I remember thinking it would be a run-of-the-mill fantasy, so I decided to start reading it in the summer, when I have the least patience with books. I don't remember much of the book, and will probably have to reread it, but I do remember liking it...

10. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

Good and neutral clerics get to spontaneously convert their spells to healing spells (perhaps not if you're a neutral follower of an evil god). That alone puts them well above evil clerics in my book.

With an evil cleric, you have to explicitly memorize all the healing spells you want, so at any given time, they'll have less healing and less versatility available than an equivalent good/neutral cleric. They can spontaneously convert their spells to cause wounds spells, but I can't say I ever use those.

11. Mielikki

Mielikki Member

is it possible to craft unholy weapons other than the unholy orc double axe found in the hickory branch mod? that is an excellent weapon i must say!!! oh, and has anyone every had their halfling character equip it? it shrinks n is used like a dagger or something...kinda odd...

12. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

You can craft them if your cleric meets the prerequisites:
    evil alignment, evil domain and the required level (don't
    remember how high).

13. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

For an evil cleric to craft unholy weapons, they must have the "Unholy Blight" spell, which I believe is one of the 4th level Evil Domain spells - which means the cleric must be 7th level.

14. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

@Miel

if you men crafting, yes, as Erkper said you can do any weapon you want (if it's materwork of course).
    If you meant another unholy weapon, then yes again, in the final battle of the Desperate Housewives mod, one of the swords you can loot is unholy (won't tell which, don't wanna spoil the fun), the hammer of Hedrack is unholy too, and odd thing, their shield too (but this doesn't grant any bonus, just make the shield deadly for good characters)...

...also, i wonder why the hell Hedrack can wield the hammer AND the shield, since the Hammer is two-handed...i suppose that the original idea was to have Hedrack using shield bash? That could be why the shield is unholy...

Our Host!