Portrait characters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Half Knight, Dec 20, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

For those who want more portraits:

---Lots and lots of portraits---

I don't know if it's a known site, but it's really useful.
    It has a wide selection from classes, gender and race. But they still need to be converted as Tgas.

Anyway, i'm curious about peoples tastes...
    so, Which kind of style you usually like/use for portraits?

-A more realistic approach? -Real armor and clothes, normal sized weapons and boobs...

-More fantastic ones? -Tatoos, oversized rune-glowing swords, outrageous chicks...

-"Dark" look? -Even when good aligned, still use that spiked, mean antipaladin portrait...

-"Ligth" look? -Hey, white robes and style isn't just for stupid do-gooders...

-Don't care? -I just want to bash stuff, no matter the portrait...

2. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

anybody recognize this one??:doublethu

Attached Files:

3. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

I prefer realistic looking characters. Of course
    there are some exceptions, for example if I want
    to make an exotic looking character. ;) Normally
    I use Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale portraits, I
    didn't like NWN's portraits much. I also use some
    of the portraits from D&D books.

4. Half Knight

i like Baldurs gate portraits, they're really well done, but there also it's something that i don't like them...dunno, maybe they're to similar in colour, or those details that characters had, like purple facial paintings, or the little things on the elf's hair...

I never played Icewind Dale I, the cd was broken :(
    But i loved IWD II, and portraits are awesome...but it's a crap that they don't match too many classes! There are too many armored guys, and no monk portraits for example...barbarians neither i think...but still, the artwork is the best i've seen in rpg like games IMO.

I hated the NWN combat system, hated how the people worship it as the best crpg, hate first person POV games, and pretty much hated the portraits.
    the only thing i liked was that i've not played it (prestige classes where cool tho)

I personally, look more the artwork, but i tend to use more fantastic ones.
    As i like to design the armor and the look, a guy with standard short hair, standard breastplate, standard longsword etc, doesn't caught my attention.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  5. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

I quite like the TOEE portraits myself, I just wish there were more of them! In fact, I have seen many screenshots where the player characters use portraits that are not in the game.

Another game that has really good portraits that fit the scene is Arcanum. They really go with the setting that the game is played in.

6. Half Knight

He he, i change the portrait each time i start a new game, to have exactly what i have in mind.

Sapper, if you like portraits, and those from Arcanum (indeed, they are really good, much better than ToEE), then check this place:

---more portraits here!---

Look at them...you'll see some ToEE characters! ;)

Also, there are some other portraits too. Nice place.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  7. Mielikki

Mielikki Member

i think a blend of all is best...so many variables from character class to alignment to just plain asthetics. everyone has different tastes so a wide variety is best. i personally like the more extreme looks like in graphic novels. super muscular, super sexy super evil super good... but thats just me!
    -M:rock:

Attached Files:

8. Mielikki

Mielikki Member

oh, and who wants normal sized boobs anyway...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  9. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

Out of curiousity, Mielikki, how do you feel that post is appropriate for this thread?

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Although most of the folks on this forum are (or claim to be) adults, D&D remains a game, and most buyers of games are children, including ToEE. Whatever people may choose to download in portrait packs, they should always be greeted with user-friendly stuff in the forums.

Lets keep it clean please.

11. Half Knight

I think so too. After all, PC character are supposed to be heros (being evil or good), and they should stand out from common people
    So i prefer more realistic portraits for NPCs, for example, a common chainmail and helmet for the town guard, but more fantastic look for my characters, like an rune-carved dwarven fullplate and a golden helmet.

Then you're gonna like KoTB portraits! ;)

About the pic, could you un-attach it, please?
    I don't have a problem myself ;) (and i suspect most of the guys around here neither) but let's keep everyone happy...:)

12. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

She is just trying to impress me, its not meant to be insulting:poke:

By the way, with those arcanum portraits, has anyone seen that there are two versions of the portraits? Take Jayna Stiles for an example. My copy of Arcanum came with the one pictured at that site, but on other sites I have seen a different version. Same with the Bane of Kree.

13. Half Knight

I've never played Arcanum, but i'm getting the feeling that it would like me, since i loved Shadowrun (for sega console)...

i believe that Troika guys are jesters and like to make player scratch their heads. The pics in the box of ToEE display lots of differences with the game version:
    the action bar is different, more ornated, and also the icon on the lower right of the screen (the ones for resting, loading, etc) are different too, also in the screenshot there are some portraits that aren't in the game...

And speaking of Troika and Arcanum...i'm the only one who thinks that Franklyn Payne (arcanum) is really Nira Melubb (ToEE) or viceversa? That dialogue of "i'm from a bigger city, but i won't tell you) is really suspicious...an eastern egg?

FranklinPayne.jpg NiraMelubb.jpg

Franklin Payne------Nira Melubb

14. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Oh lol! You may be right... :D

15. Mielikki

Mielikki Member

no...sorry...im kinda bi-polar so my evil twin sometimes takes over...ill make sure my goodside edits everything from now on...

-M

Our Host!