Crafting question

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by The Great Snook, Jan 9, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. oudeis

oudeis Member

I have a 1/8 LG Fighter-Cleric who I assigned the Law and Good domains (per advice posted in another thread) specifially to craft badass weapons. When I tried to craft a found +2 longsword, however, I can add either Holy or Axiomatic damage but not both. I have both the money and the extra experience necessary but it seems to be an either/or choice. I tried adding one, closing the crafting window, and reopening, but I still can't. From what I could find in Plothos' superb crafting guide-Thanks be to Plothos!- my character should have no problems enchanting this sword with these enhancements. What am I missing here? :scratchhe

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

3. oudeis

oudeis Member

Actually I already have this, as I indicated in my post. But, since I suspect you posted that as a cryptic way of telling me to r-rtfm, I'll take another look.

4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Well, I can say from personal experience that it is definitely possible to put both Holy and Axiomatic on a weapon.

You say you have enough XP and gold to do either, but the cost to do both should be much higher than simply 2X the cost of doing one, due to the EEL of the weapon being higher the second time you craft. Maybe this is the problem?

5. St.Cuthbert1176

St.Cuthbert1176 Member

all this talk of excalibur has me asking the dumb question of the day...iz it a crafted item,a found item or an item sold in a shop somewhere????

6. erkper

None of the above. Excalibur is a weapon created by the modders here but it does not exist in-game. You can only "cheat" it in with the console.

7. shoprat

shoprat Member

you can get it w/o cheating it in.

8. St.Cuthbert1176

St.Cuthbert1176 Member

how do i incorperate excalibure?i am running the pc version of toeee?

9. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Use the console,(shift~) and type give 4025 and bingo, you got it. I never use it but I sell it (100+kgp) to get lots of gp to craft other things. The dwarf likes Moradins Soul Hammer+3/Flaming/MightyCleaving. It cost 75000gp so you needs a lot of money to do some serious crafting. If you're going to cheat, might as well go big time.

10. St.Cuthbert1176

St.Cuthbert1176 Member

i really dont like cheating but i really like exploring every option in the game whether modded or not......the modders here at co8 have made toee a game worth playing ....the retail unmodded version wasnt worth the money i paid for it....thanks again 2 all modders for trying to give us a real d and d experiance with this game....i hope more awsome mods are on the way i have 250 gigs still free on my hd!!!!!!!

11. wizgeorge

There are a number of items that have been created, but haven't been implemented into the game just yet. They are only available by using the console. The protos and description files list them, but there not in the game to buy or loot. Excalibur is just one example. Browse thru the files sometime and see what's there. Pretty interesting stuff.

12. shoprat

shoprat Member

Actually, after you complete the" cure amii " quest and talk to the woodcutter, (and buy something twice) he'll have excaliber to sell, so you'll have to buy from the woodcutter's list twice before its on their at least thats the way its worked for me, but then youll also have to buy it at the full price. Its the only way I know of getting the sword w/o cheating or consoling it in.

13. wizgeorge

Very interesting. I never got that far or ever got the option to buy anything. Learn something new every day.

14. erkper

I've never had any luck actually getting anything from the woodcutter. He always tells me it's not there yet. The last time I played, I kept coming back for most of the game (over 3 months of game time, iirc) and never got my first purchase.

15. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Definitely does work. Just takes a very very long time.

Our Host!