Lareth the Beautiful?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by blackfly, Dec 21, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

I have a few questions about Lareth.

Don't tell me how or when, but if a GOOD party lets him go does he return to revenge later or show up later? I would like to think so. If he does just say yes; I love suprises.

Related to the above, if you look in the actual TOEE module (supermodule) the stats for Lareth are unbelievable. It makes him virtually a Hero, or a Demigod at least. I am surprised he is not more potent given those stats.

Now, I know he is scripted in at a time in the game where characters are not of high level, so making him super would not work, but if the battle is going against him, could he not "lose" his necklace so the assassin target of revenge still work but have him teleport elsewhere to later? I am suggesting this in that in the original TOEE Lareth was a protege and great things were expected of him, and given that it seems too easy to have a party simply stumble in to him alone in a room only to extort him or kill him. I admit the spells he casts are helping, but I think this is one character that could be made great and have the characters follow along and wreak havoc.

Any thoughts?

2. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

Okay I won't spoil it for you. But, no he does not return later to get revenge. However, you can find him. You can ask people in Homlett.

As far as his stats go, I don't have any thoughts on that.

3. blackfly

I am aware of that "option" to find him, but it alludes to the fact you have BEFRIENDED Lareth first. I will not go further as there are those who may not know about this road. I am asking if he shows up if you simply tell him to beat it.

I guess this also answers my other point about how underused Lareth is. Why could he not be driven out and then come back for revenge with undead, men etc...... Seems a waste to have such an evil character to overcome and be so simple to kill him and thats it. I think Lareth could be a great avenue for modding. Lareth himself opens whole new doors and given the Verbobonc mod with the Drow, I am sure this could be worked out in time.

His stats are essentially all 18. I do not have the manual in front of me, it is packed away, but I do recall them all being very high. Surely, with such stats, a man would not allow himself to die so easily and not come back later to settle the score.

I am trying to begin modding, but at the rate I am learning, I might be able to get around to this in a few years.....

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah, he gets great stats - the dark hope of Chaotic Evil, as they say.

5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Download the modding tutorials, Ted's got a bunch, and modify the .dlg files and use Lareth anyway you want. I use him and Smigmal Redhand (13th level rogue, 130HP), to take over the temple playing lawful evil. Works good and it's different. Lareth wants to be high priest anyway, so make it happen. Have fun.

6. blackfly

I am learning how to do this but right now this is WAY beyond me. If you can provide a link to the modding tutorials I would be appreciative. But I was thinking that the idea is to make it a part of the CMF in that it only stands to reason if Drow are included then perhaps in the future the role of Lareth can be expanded more than providing low level characters with armour, a ring and a chance at a deadly but profitable encounter.

7. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Most of the modding efforts are on KotB right now, but some of the evil-minded ones might do some stuff in the future. Nothing is planned for the near future, so you've got plenty of time to learn some modding stuff. Search the forums and see what's available. Lots of good stuff out there.

8. Ayce

Ayce Member

9. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

check some threads on here for this, as i have never played this "road" as you say - BUT i believe he is in Burne's tower somewhere... as a captive.

10. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Our Host!