Weapon skins and modding work

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by blackfly, Dec 16, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

Apparently you missed where I said I was "Lazy."

2. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

It also prevents blood on the handle. Actually, it's for apply more strength and make a fast attack, in close ranks. I suppose that also makes up for a better handling if/when parrying.

Anyway, i don't think i would use a 4 feet blade to poke the eye of an enemy, while i could split him from the shoulder to the belly :dead:

One of the more pleasant things it's when the gretsword wielding character suddendly raises the sword and takes that momentum for the critical ... aaaarrrhhh!! :chainsaw:

3. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

Your logic makes no sense.

Vantages are the V8 versions of AM. The Vanquish and DBS have V12.

I have not, yet, found any bland swords in ANY movie that has swordplay/fantasy fighting. You are telling me to accept bland looking weapons in TOEE? I would believe you but consider Conan's sword. Bland? Hardly. Even the sword Dar uses in Beastmaster is at least easy on the eyes if not exotic. Never in any movie is the sword of interest bland or ugly. In my encyclopaedia Magica there is a whole section on swords and how to spice them up with glass blades, different type hilts...... jewelled pommels....

Granted TOEE does not give much space to make the weapon look good once equipped, but SOMETHING better than bland is favoured, at least expected, when the cost of such an item is factors more than ordinary.

Funny, the look of a normal bastard sword is somehow sleek and sexy, despite being straight and relatively bland. Another reason I equip it.

4. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

yeah, there's no much space for work...

Sword_of_darkness.jpg

The upper left corner it's the inventory and in-game version...as you can see, there's a great loss of detail.
    I didn't know it, it's a know weapon, supposeddly forged by and for Dark Elves...

There's another one, but i couldn't find the site where i see it.

And if you want something more "spicy", look for the Thundercat's "sword of Omens".

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

6. captainjackass

captainjackass Member

Aheh. Jeezey Chreezy. You dont say.

7. blackfly

Thanks for the AM link. I had no idea the Vantage was getting a V12. That, in the past, is what set the Vantage line apart (having V8), just as the Volante was the convertable version.

I am a great admirer of AM, not the least of which I drove on some time ago, and it is definitely on my wish list, which is not to far away in the future.......

8. blackfly

I know about the sword of Omens. One reason I like having evil parties.

I admit the look of the blade once translated to the game does lose something, but it does not mean bland should be okay either. Just my view.

Our Host!