Has anyone tried playing with an NPC party?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sapper_Astro, Nov 18, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

well you can get furnok to open it.

2. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

I figured it out,, thx..

3. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

How did you figure it out? Mine is stuck at 3/5. Cannot move it beyond this to 1/7.

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

in toffee, click on modify maximum number of players in party, then click on the little arrows (up or down) to increase or decrease the number of PC slots.

5. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

My front end also would not let me change it to 1/7,, the lowest I could get it was 3/5.. So I went into the config file itself (I believe it is an ini file) and changed the 3 to a 1.. If you try again in the front end after you change it will give you an error (you have to change it back to 3 if you want to use the frontend to edit it again) error does not harm anything though.. Go start a new game and you can only add 1 PC,, I have been playing with this config for a while.. I "suggested" the assasin join my group and he kicks butt (Well he is awesome cuz my group was about level 5 ;) . Now he is permanently in my group as he died and I raised him back again. I might try suggesting others to join my group now that I have extra slots open.. This game is great..

6. Sapper_Astro

Thank you very, very much. Hopefully the heads here will believe us when we say "You cannot change the system up or down further than 3/5 using the newest Toffee".

Greatly appreciated HeJason.

7. Sachmo

Sachmo Knight of the Crown

I've never tried suggestion to gain party members.

Could you use that on all characters? Like the high priest Terjon?

You get a great amount of experiance from fighting against him, so I think he might be quite a handy cleric.

8. kouns2112

kouns2112 Felan

I never tried to change the limit up, but I've never been able to lower it past three.

Picking up various NPCs adds a lot of fun to the game. Some of the dialogue is hilarious.
    And I played for quite awhile before learning some of the benefits of some pairings.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I believe I'll take credit for that :wave:

10. Sapper_Astro

Yeah, it was you that dug out all the old files for NPC dialogue wasn't it? Then matched them all up, etc. Well done Ted.

If you want another thumbs up, get on to the Toffee king and get them to fix up the PC/NPC scale thingie ;)

11. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Didn't you noted that when you approach him, an "aura of goodness" affects you?
    Or the LOAD of hit points it has?
    Terjon isn't only a cleric i think...;)

So it would be reeeally hard that suggestion affects him...

12. Sachmo

Sachmo Knight of the Crown

He wasn't that hard to kill.

I will have to try it and find out.

13. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

How does one modify the config file, and I mean HOW? Can this be explained in simple step by step terms, or must we wait for a proper fix to the patch? Can these changes be made in the middle of the game, or must be done at the beginning. I appreciate the assistance.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  14. thearioch

thearioch Need More Cowbell

The "config file" is TempleFrontend.ini located in your ToEE root directory.

Double-click on the file (Windows opens *.ini files in Notepad bt default). You want the 3rd line from the bottom -- if you haven't used ToEEFE to change the value, it starts of at '5'. If you already lowered the value in ToEEFE to '3', that's what you'll see.

I verified that you have to change it back to a "valid" value before using ToEEFE to edit this again (as described above), but I did not verify whether or not you can actually create a party of 1.

--thearoioch

15. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Thanks for the baby steps Arioch. I shall infer that I can now have 6 NPCs to my dynamic duo.

Our Host!