NPC looting patch...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by JoBu, Oct 6, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. JoBu

JoBu Member

there use to be a patch posted that changed the looting rules of npc's to match those of Elmo, i know that the current Co8 patch has a different looting fix but i really prefered the 'Elmo rules'. can anyone please post a link to this patch?

(the one i am talking about just modded the looting fix, the rest of the Co8 patch stayed the same)

thanks in advance.

2. naw

naw Member

Currently NPCs are nothing but a pain in the backside, even with them looting only coins. I picked up Serena, gave her new items to substitute the old ones, of course she refuses to get rid of her old equipment and now she's carrying too much weight.

I guess I'll have to get her killed and go ahead without NPCs.

//Naw

3. Siglorel

Siglorel Member

NPCs a pain

I agree - I limited myself to Serena, because mostly NPC looting slows the game (I want a "loot everything on screen" button!)

Then Serena gets encumbered by refusing to put down her original equipment. Eventually I got her killed, moved her equipment and raised her, but even now I have to be careful when trading and if I loot with the whole party selected and Serena as nearest character.

Lets lobby for a no-looting by NPCs switch, and a patch to allow you to substitute NPC starting equipment with items for the same slot of greater value (e.g. if you give them something better then when you right click to equip them the "will not drop" flag switches)

4. Martinius

Martinius Member

NPC looting does work as a penalty for hiring an NPC... :(

However, it makes more sense to have your company pick all the gold and an NPC to "take a cut" of the cash only when you kick it out of the company. Otherwise it has cash it doesn't use - you buy it whatever you decide out of the party's cash, not out of the NPC's cash, after all!

So, I fully support a "NPC looting off" option.

Our Host!