pishella's familiar bug

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by septimus, Oct 30, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. septimus

septimus Member

hello everyone.
    i just can't get rid of familiar cat, summoned by pishella. yes, i've chosen to unsummon it from radial menu and confirmed that next familiar would be available only in a year and a day, but that bloody cat stayed in the party!

moreover, when i asked Pishella to leave, cat doesn't left and remains in the party.
    well, when it's former mistress was gone, cat became cheeky and began to take it's share in loot.

i want him go away, please, help me!

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

try hitting it with a hammer

3. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

boo - you got yourself a free cat and you're complaining - the poor thing will be homeless if you turn it away ;)

Cujo's remedy seems to be the best one - target it with a rogue and full attack it. Catskin gloves :joy:

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Or, feed the cat to your favorite monster and, then, kill the monster after it has finished feeding.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Its moved up into the party? I seem to remember this has happened before, possibly with someone who was charmed. Try doing a search, or hope for a sensible answer from someone.

6. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Meh, killing it is my sensible answer. :imwithstu

If that don't work, console command kill it.

7. Siglorel

Siglorel Member

I've had this bug - Pishella can't ask the cat back into her pack because she's an NPC, but if your 1st party member asks it'll go back sweetly into her pack...

8. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

And can call him? I mean the 1st party member...
    also have some rest in the inn, like 24 hours and see if Pishella can call another familiar, having the first one in the PC charcter inventory or as a party member...
    be aware that something strange could happen, and probably a CTD, but it's a good bug to report...

9. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Funny you should say that...

The role of the lead PC is "caller" for the party. In other words, that person speaks for the entire group. I know we hardly ever play PnP like this, but that's how it is supposed to go. We're all used to everyone yelling out what their characters are doing all at once. Well, this is how Troika handled it with their adaptation of ToEE. NPC's are run by the party, and the lead PC is the caller...so they get to say what the NPC is doing and how all their stuff is getting used. Kind of like a hireling more than a DM run character. It might be different if there were a DM, but there isn't. The closest thing we have are modders who create scenarios & fix things to be as rules compliant as this engine & our excellent (but imperfect) tools & skills will allow.

Our Host!