The Nulb Crash Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Firesprung, Jan 15, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

In that case, we would be modding BG2 or whatever, something else. It would not be ToEE and it would not be the best turn-based game of D&D. That is, we would not be modding the ToEE game.

2. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

At that point it is just symmantics. Once the conversion is complete, then you will be modding for TOEE. Just like the KotB here is really modding for ToEE, but in essense you are modding on and for for the KotB module.

I haven't played those other games for many years, so I can't rightly recall which is better as far as game play. I have heard many posters here claim that ToEE is the best for turn-based game play. But I don't recall big differences. There are a few things that I liked better in BG2, but I don't recall much of the battle systems. I would think that overall any engine has its advantages and disadvantages.

I know these past few thread have been off topic, sorry.

3. doginarocket

doginarocket Member

On your second point, I totally agree. On your first point, I agree, in cases when they're following instructions (oh no, not those again :scratchhe) for save game reuse because they bungled the install.

In my particular case though, I'm certain I installed per your instructions but Nulb crashed anyway. So I don't see it as a pointless exercise to potentially help people that find themselves in a situation similar to my own.

4. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Fair point Dog; hence this thread :)

Could you try installing the No-Cd crack for Atari patch 2? That would be my next check.

------

@FDR - you can play ye olde DnD mods with the BG engine as it is. Converting over is pointless - one of the strengths of this game is the engine, flaws, bugs, crashes and all. It's a beautiful thing to play turn-based rather than real-time with pause.

5. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Tell that to Bethsoft... Anyway, whenever I get a crash in Nulb I just
    clear the cache... and it helps in most cases.

6. doginarocket

doginarocket Member

Well, after I reinstalled (identical method as original install), I reused my original save games and Nulb worked fine the 2nd time around, so no need for the No-CD crack. Not yet anyway.

7. Zebedee

See what I mean about reinstalling? Goodness knows what happens - you aren't running an anti-virus are you? That's about the only thing I can think of given what you've said so far about installing.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  8. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I think it's just ToEE being Chaotic Evil.

Recently, I started two new games. The first try got messy particle effects glitches and crashes at the Orc/Ogre cave and suffered slowdowns at the Temple and Nulb. The second try (same installation), these issues went away... but now I got the secret doors bug. Go figure.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Seriously? Damn damn damn, I thought that at least was fixed :anger:

10. syarul

syarul Member

I think I got this solve, not sure this is useful to others or not. I'm using the crack version. Anyway I guess it occurs as a bad installation process. After almost like 5 times reinstall, the only thing to get to Nulb without crash to use the Zeb's method;

then..

1. patch it to v2.0 crack or can be done before Zeb's,
    2. Install the mod pack 5.0.0,
    3. DON'T patch it yet to 5.0.4, but run the installation of 300Mb of the mod pack,
    4. patch to 5.0.4,
    5. get your 20hours worth save files in the save directory,
    6. Finally make haste to Nulb with Elmo in your partay, and so it was true what Elmo would have said once entering the village...

"people here are mean.." :shrug:

But anyway mean or not I'm happy :p

11. Zebedee

We hope and assume everyone is using a legit copy of the game. If the wierdness is a result of not paying a tiny amount for a very old game, that isn't our fault ;)

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Zeb - keep in mind some folks, such as those who bought the downloadable version (fools, fools!! :evil_laug) need the crack to make a legit game work. We don't personally propogate the crack, but we have to accept some legit folks use it.

And in general, I try to be caring and sharing anyway :hug: :love: :jerkin:

13. Zebedee

Ah my bad - sorry Syarul I thought you were referring to a cracked version of the game not the no-cd crack.

Apologies for the confusion - it's been that sort of life so far ;)

14. syarul

syarul Member

using the crack is for ease of use my friend, ^^; i'm a big fan in soul and heart for D&D. To the date I got myself the latest release of RA Salvatore- Orc King, paper back version. Do not be quick on judgement alas we would regret what would have said much. But no heart feeling :wavey:

15. Zebedee

Well said Syarul and apologies again :)

Our Host!