5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

We recommend do NOT quicksave and do NOT autosave, neither - using those can cause problems.

2. Daemon6

Daemon6 Member

well :p I haven't used quicksave since my first post and I haven't used autosave ever since I read the instructions for installing the modpack. I apologize if I've annoyed people :p I was only posting because the title says bug reports for the CMF. It seems like a bug specific to those circumstances.

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

That's okay. Input is good.

4. Daemon6

Daemon6 Member

Hi again :p sry about being noisy but I'm having another problem unrelated to the previous one. First, I'm trying to destroy the orb but I can't seem to find a masterwork maul except for one thats in a barrel in the first level of the temple. The problem is that every time I pick up the maul and try to leave the area the game crashes.

Second, I bought some stuff from the Bazaar of the Bizarre in Verbobonc and whenever I reenter the shop I find that, for some reason, all the items I purchased have disappeared from my inventory and reappeared in the Shopkeeper's.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2007
  5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

There should be a masterwork maul for sale at the Blacksmith's, or possibly the cabinet-makers (since it is wood?) if you do the appropriate quests.

6. void

void Member

Hello

I am playing version 5.0.4.
    Midnight robes have in description "WIS+2", but actually they are adding a bonus of WIS+1

7. void

void Member

Hello

I failed 1st quest for Alrrem of Fire Temple. I have succeeded with the 2nd one. Now I am treated as a member of Fire Temple, but it is not stated in Logbook on page "Reputations".

PS. I have been playing this game with Your mod for a long time, just registered recently. Without You it wouldn't be enjoyable, and great concept would be ruined with too much bugs. New stuff is also great. The best game ever!

8. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

I am working on a new mod for ToEE. I was thinking about using some new monsters/art from the 5.0 cumulative Mod & Fixes.

What is the policy with this?

thanks.

- Livonya

9. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

AFAIK you can do whatever you want, just give the authors their credit
    by saying it's been based on CMFs, or something like that.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmm...

The 5.0.x stuff (and Co8 stuff in general) is there for us all to use.

The only difference with the KotB stuff is that we have kept a strict 'no proprietary material' policy in KotB: no Boris Vallejo portraits, no Mike Oldfield sountracks, no voices borrowed from BG2. This is due to the size of the mod: we don't want to spend 3 years making something and then get it shut down by some 3rd party legal challenge.

This has led to a great deal of stuff being created by our talented modders, who might otherwise have borrowed some of it. Anything that is not KotB-specific (ie maps and NPC portraits) is free for you to use, Liv - including the inventory portraits (and items), new weapons and armour, new spell effects et al. In fact we hope you do use it all, since each Co8 effort should try to showcase all the Co8 material as much as possible (imho).

But certainly everything in Co8 5.0.x is free for you to use - just be aware that a lot of it is proprietary material (as is the way for such mods) so you might want to consider making use of our artists yourself.

11. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

Okay, I still can't complete the Bing quest. When I heal him, his brother doesn't acknowledge it and therefore I can't convert him to St. Cuthbert. Then I can't finish the quest to marry the druid chick and get the dowry, etc. Any help?

I read the previous entries in this thread but none of it seemed to apply to my situation. I couldn't find a "bingwithtimer" folder and so didn't move any files.

12. Covax

Covax Member

I've observed that tridents are not throwable as they ought to be. There is simply no "throw trident" option in the radial menu.

13. MB

MB Member

Re: 5.0.x Cumulative Mods and Fixes (CMF) Submissions Thread

any plan to create a cmf 5.05 to include all changes since the jun 5.04release?

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yeah, I'm sorry that I haven't managed to update the CMF as regularly as I would have liked to, The reballancing thing has kinda taken a backburner position as well at the moment. "Real Life" can be such a pain in the ass, and mine is no exception. Still I'm getting broadband conected in my friend's flat soon, and will have the opportunity to give the CMF a spring clean so to speak, might even get back on track with the reballancing project too.

15. void

void Member

Hello

In 5.0.4 Wonnilon doesn't go to his hideout after making free, he just remains standing in his cell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!