5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowDeth

ShadowDeth Save Versus : Stupid

Howdy gents. I have a minor problem with the latest patch. I used the search function extensively and couldn't find an answer, otherwise I wouldn't bother you guys with something this trivial.

I noticed my portraits weren't showing up in the "all portraits" option, and initially I thought it was a step I missed when 5.0 initially came out months back. The original game file works, but we all know how lame that selection is.

So I went through and cleanly installed everything, The game, then atari patch 1+2, the the 5.0 mod/front end, loaded the module up, turned off auto save, exited, applied the latest mods and fixes (5.0.4) to the root directory. So everything is working fine, but i'm unable to access the old portraits that were added to : (male 1, male 2, female 1, female 2).

Did I miss a step? The only thing I wasn't clear on was whether or not I could go directly from 5.0 to 5.0.4.

I'm just getting the black box/white arrow for the new portraits, and all the older ones that came with the game are zoomed in.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  2. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Did you install any portrait pack first?
    Oh... and to make your own portraits appear
    in game you have to change certain entries
    in the portrait.mes I'd suggest installing a
    portrait pack and overwriting portraits you
    don't like with your new ones.

3. ShadowDeth

I didn't install any portrait packs. I thought that was bundled into the newer 5.0?

I didn't do any custom portrait work, if my post was misleading (just noticed I made it sound like that(, rather I simply can't get the default "All portraits" to show up in game. I Just get the old blackbox/arrow thing.

4. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Then you can install this portrait pack.
    Just remember not to overwrite the .mes
    files from this portrait pack as it may contain
    outdated data.

5. ShadowDeth

Worked perfectly. Thank you kind sir. :)

6. Cheese!

Cheese! Member

Hey everyone , great mod you who made it.

I have a HUGE bunch of bugs... Here's the major ones

- I have choosed to be able to level to lvl 20. I cant. It stays at 54449 ( Something like that )

- The portrait pack just becomes black pictures with white mouse pointers on

- The stupid blacksmith in hommlet always attacks me. Though , i dont butcher anything that comes in my way, so i knock him out with nonlethal damage.

- '' The rescue of paida '' Stays as a mentioned quest in the quest journal. I cant complete it when i get to her in the temple ( Err.. maybe i just not found out how to complete the quest? )

- Orders wrath doesnt work. When i select the area , nothing happens. Sometimes there is a
    '' Saving throw failed '' above one enemy's head.

- I cant get to the shopmap. I just start in the beginning areas with ( Sometimes a bit odd ) random pieces of armor.

I havent tried to reinstall TOEE, Have tried to reinstall the mod many times. Have front end. Would LOVE help. Great mod again!

Cheese!

7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@Cheese!
    In ToEEFE, there should not be a checkmark in the checkbox for Max Level. That could also be the install of your game.
    This should be that you have not correctly setup using the portrait pack.
    Follow these instructions.
    That can happen different ways...including accidental kills.

The other stuff could be what is installed and what steps you took to install it.

You might want to try a complete uninstall and new install.
    - Uninstall the Co8 5.0.0 MOD using Add or Remove Programs.
    - Uninstall the ToEE game using Add or Remove Programs.
    - Delete all of the remaining ToEE game folders and files in Windows where you installed the game.
    - Reboot the computer.
    - Follow these instructions.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  8. Cheese!

Cheese! Member

Il give it a look as soon as i have my TOEE Cd's.

I dont have that special dll file of yours i think , something aobut moebius or so. I dunno where to download it if i should , a hint if you please!

Thanks for the help mate! Awesome!

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

that dll comes with our mods

10. Cheese!

Cheese! Member

Still , i haven't got it. I'd be gratefull if you could give me a link. Thank you.

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

You do NOT need to download the moebius version of the Temple.DLL file. When you install the Co8 5.0.0 MOD, those changes are coded in to our newer version of the Temple.DLL file. All you need to do is follow Zeb's instructions and your ToEE game will be just fine. If you want even more changes in the Temple.DLL file, apply the Co8 5.0.4 MOD to your installed game. Bottom line, follow Zeb's instructions.

12. Daemon6

Daemon6 Member

Hi, I've been having a recurring issue with save game corruption. I recently installed Co8 5.0.0 and patched it to 5.0.4, started a new game and haven't had any trouble up until now. So here's the problem, I have been pick pocketing Burne for his scrolls and quicksaving/saving after every successful attempt. All was going well until i got caught. I tried to quickload and it knocked me out into start screen. I tried to load the normal save I had made and it was corrupted as well :(. I've found that i can leave Burne and Rufus' area after a successful theft and quicksave/save without any trouble but if i enter the area and steal from Burne (havent tried with Rufus :s) It corrupts any save in that area >.<. Has this happened before? and is there a way to fix it?

edit: just wanted to note that I had been playing co8-5.0.0 prior to finding out about 5.0.4 and when I did the pickpocketing thing with that I never had any trouble at all :s.

i patched it in order btw, 5.0.0 to 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 etc.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  13. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Patching the CMFs in order is not neccesary - just use the latest CMF (currently5.0.4) and you will be fine. That said;

Quicksaving is a very bad idea. Don't use quicksave or autosave at all. Not only do they break some of the first heartbeat scripts in TOEE, but they also tend to corrupt more often. At this point, you may need to delete all your saves and start over with a new game. At the very least, delete all the saves that have become corrupted - don't save over them. You may be able to salvage the game if you do that.

AFAIK, no one has been able to make much sense of why save games get corrupted, let alone find a way to fix them when they occur.

14. Daemon6

Daemon6 Member

hrm

well, I played till lvl 9 with 5.0.0 and used quicksave frequently and without trouble. I only started over with 5.0.4 because of the prospect of new areas and such :s. This is frustrating lol :p its such an awesome game and I love the new mods (at least what I've seen of them so far).

I know that I may be kicking a dead horse but from what Ive experienced so far is that the quicksave only got corrupted after I successfully pickpocketed in Burne and Rufus' room. I uninstalled the modpack and game and reinstalled with 5.0.3 and got the same results. /shug :s quicksave is so convenient that it'll be annoying to deal without it but if thats what it takes to be able to play the game then oh well >.<

15. Daemon6

Daemon6 Member

update :s, I was thieving in Lodriss' bar using normal saves after successful attempts, everything was going well even able to load but as soon as i actually stole something from lodriss i wasnt able to load again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!