[IMPORTANT] A campaign to get the official tools released

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Agetian, Jun 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
?

Will you participate in the petition to get the official tools released?

1. Yes

391 vote(s)
    97.8%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    0.8%
  3. Not sure

6 vote(s)
    1.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spellman

Spellman Member

Co8 was the reason I bought this game, so I'm of course supporting this (undead?) campaign by adding my vote.

2. Helmo

Helmo Member

I would have stopped playing ToEE a long time ago if not fot Co8 mods, so I sign with no doubt. I don´t understand (well, to tell the thruth, I guess their reasons but find them totally buyer unfriendly) why Atari wouldn´t let you the tools. They made the game very buggy, gave almost no support, and after some guys, for free, make a good product of their bad product they don´t want to give even a slight support. Another reason not to buy NWN 2????. Ummm, perhaps I won´t buy it.

3. ucla

ucla Member

I Agree with him.

Anyway..
    .....FULL SUPPORT!
    U guys already did a awesome job, Congratulations :clap:

4. DM#1091977

DM#1091977 Apprentice of Magic

First off, I am a new member, having joined after I read about the upcoming Keep on the Borderlands mod for ToEE at the RPGCodex. The Keep was my first ever D&D module, and started my (short) DMing career.

Now that that's out of the way, I want to lend my support to this grand effort. Even if it seems futile.

I'm also looking forward to learning more about the Circle of Eight, and ToEE as well (the latter I need to actually buy).

5. kouns2112

kouns2112 Felan

By the Cudgel of St. Cuthbert, YES!

6. Exaercase

Exaercase Member

I'm with you !!! Need of it cause this game is the more near of the AD&D spirit and the last in Turn by Turn (= deep strategic game). So we need to prolonge it's life !!!

7. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

I haven't been here in a while, but was recommended to return and I've seen all the wonderous things you've done here! I whole-heartedly support your going to atari and trying to get what you need for this game. I wish you all the best of luck in this endevour!!

8. OgreBattle

OgreBattle God of Rhye

Just for $#!^s and giggles, I emailed both Atari and Infogrames corporate asking about the toolset. Not suprised at all that I got no response.

@$$#0|3$:finger:

9. MisfitWookiee

MisfitWookiee Furry Musician

As a non-programmer on here, I will do everything in my power to help y'all. I've been a fan of this game since I first played it, and want so much more now that I've had a taste! So looking forward to KotB, mebbe module b4 as well (The Lost City)? I'll even learn programming to get in on that action, provided we can get Atari to loosen their grip on the dev tools...

10. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

Yah, i'm in.
    I was the one that discovered Atari discontinued the TOEE web site. How do we go about this? http://www.atari.com/us/support/ I looked over the address and different contacts. should we send snail mail to Corperate?
    If someone wants to put my email address on a "send the snail mail now!" i'd be ok with that. after all, whoever at Atari that gets TOEE snail mail should get as many as possible the same week.
    I used to be an Attack Pilot. It's called, "massing your fires"

11. Peescha

Peescha Dr. Deth

Corporations aren't known for their ability to move swiftly or logically. The Circle of 8 have turned a piece of crap game into a game that is worth playing over and over. Atari should get down on its knees and thank them for the protracted sales of a lame duck. But, just because they are in charge doesn't make them smart. That's all I got ta say about that.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  12. ithildur

ithildur Established Member

I would gladly help bring Atari to it's senses, as impossible a goal as that may be..

13. Jota

Jota Member

I did not read the all thread, but if we could contact someone from troika(RIP), maybe they could help us contact Atary. Just a thought.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  14. Monation

Monation Member

I have loved your mod of the game and I know you could take ToEE to a completely new level with the official tools, so you have my full support. If it is of any help I work at a small Video Game company in Costa Rica and we have contacts with Nintendo and others. If you needed some info about a rep from Atari or something I could help you guys out.

15. MidnightShade

MidnightShade Member

I have just found this site , I haven't played TOE for about 2 years now, and always thought it was a great D and D engine, and needed more modules, adventures and complete campaigns on it. That didn't happen thought, nothing other has come out for it and a great engine as gone to the grave. I am interested in learning and trying out anything you modders have made with the engine. I also would support and sign any petition to get a atari to give permission to make the engine public! I don't understand what they have got to loose! It's not like they are putting another game out on this engine right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troika was a great company, and a great rpg maker, other games they made are great too! Why do good companies have to go under?(speaking of Troika, looking glass, new world, origin, etc..) These companies make great games, that have depth and character, just because the mainstream twitch kid halo player doesn't have the attention span to enjoy these games doesn't mean that many people don't like them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!