Whore Wizard

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by wizgeorge, Aug 16, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

In my continuing search to learn and experiment, I finally got the protos, dlg and console to work for me. I created the whore Charlotte in the welcome wench, modified the .dlg to be a npc. Edited the protos to be a wizard with great stats. And a Royo portrait and consoled to the max. Now she is a 10th level wizard, AC31, with lots of magic items. The game may ctd at some point, but so far so good. Lots of possibilities here. Hey, I'm learning.

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

My first experiments were to have Black Jay shout obscenities across Hommlet at the party :)

Always good to have people willing to learn how to mod. I need to get more practice with the protos myself, so I'm reading up for my little side-project.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well since I hacked in animals to the brothel in one of my first releases, I ain't complaining :blush:

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

the first thing I thought of was "charm person"

5. wizgeorge

I've got most of the co8 downloads and tutorials,etc and now that I'm retired i've got time to read and work with them. I picked Charlotte because the dlg file is short and simple. She is still in the brothel, but only has minimal dialouge, Hello. I must depart, etc. As a npc, she still has the Iron Maiden dialouge. I'm kind of surprised the game engine would allow this. You still have to go thru Ophellia to get the dialouge. Both have the correct dialouge, but the one in the Welcome Wench is mostly naked and the one in the brothel has the black gown. I think i'll try to make a Lich. 18th level chaotic evil wizard. I'll probably crash/corrupt the game, but it's interesting and fun. I see why people enjoy modding.

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The biggest buzz I get from modding is from other people's feedback, it's great fun to build a mod you enjoy playing yourself, but it's better when others come back with their opinions about it (especially if you include a puzzle that bamboozles everyone for months on end - like I did with the master of the Bizaar ;)).

7. wizgeorge

I noticed that there is no dlg file for the Old Woman and Z in the current files. There is seperate protos entries but no dlg file. I found the Z file in dat4 and extracted it to my documents. The dialogue for the Old Woman is in it to but the stuff I tried didn't work. I thought she would make a good model for a Lich, but no go so far. I got the CE witch boosted to 18lvl specs and she is tough. Spell Resistance 22, Immunity to Fire, awesome fireball. etc. There is dialouge for the CN witch but not for the CE. I need a good portrait of a Lich in .tga. The search continues.

8. wizgeorge

I'm in a new game and i'm in Nulb. I went and recruited Charlotte and she came with marauder armor, spiked chain, boots and gloves. In my previous game she had blue mystic garb. The InventorySource.mes doesn't even list any of the whores. Were did the stuff come from?

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

That stuff could either be scripted in (check her proto for script attachment points in the san_heartbeat and san_first heartbeat columns - if there is a number there look in the script of that number in the data/scr folder in notepad under the entry for the attachment point listed), or added to her .mob (which you will need ToEEWB to look at.) Since those changes were made by Ted around the time of his Something about Mary mod, I'd guess it was scripted rather than mobbed into the game.

10. wizgeorge

Nothing in the protos except the stuff I put in. There is no red band saying this item isn't useable, but I don't think wizards are allowed spike chains and marauder armor. I know she was mostly naked like the others, but I seldom use the brothel unless i'm close to level-up and need a few xp, so I never noticed. She wasn't recruitable, so what is the sense of the armor and stuff. I guess she had a whip by the dialouge, but there's no whip in the game. Wierd.
    Post #700. A new milestone!

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

she the dominatrix whore of the snake pit and that gear goes with that (leather straps and spike chains) :spankin:

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The animals are scripted - the change of clothes for the various working girls were all mobbed in (since, as we all found out the hard way, changing the InvenSource.mes entries never changed the gear on the mobs). Not that it couldn't be done by script, in hindsight....

She was given the most appropriate dominatrix-looking gear, by me, for exactly the reasons Cujo suggests. I also added the whip-cracking sounds.

13. wizgeorge

I now have 3 recruitable "ladies". Jenelda,fighter, Charlotte and Mary, wizards. The brothel is now a source of powerful help for the Temple adventures. Amazing what you can do with protos, dlg, and console and lots of help from co8 people. Cool!

14. Dhoom

Dhoom BIG Troll Berserker

LOL!

That was funny. heh.

15. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@Dhoom: Glad to see you still posting here since your return. :thumbsup:

Our Host!