5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Erkper: the heavy flail registers as a wooden weapon (though the Kama is metal): try selling it to the cabinet maker.

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

are you sure? I thought it was metal, it used to be and I don't see why it shouldn't be if someone changed it.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Nah, the heavy flail is wooden in both 5.0.0 and KotB (and I sure as heck haven't changed it). I think a giant head like it has would be more likely to be heavy wood with metal knobs or something, rather than a huge lump of metal - that would be unweildy, surely?

The flail you added is indeed metal, though, if thats what you are thinking of. But in any case, I was merely suggesting an explanation for the pricing discrepancy. If you want it changed to metal, I have no particular objection. :shrug:

4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I'll try that. Thanks, Ted.

The kama may not be selling for the lower values, it may just have a lower base value to begin with.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Feel like jumping back into the fray and modding this whole Nulb/rest thing, Jesse?

6. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

The assassin is definetly in the computer game. You've got to sell Lareth's gear to the traders; and let them live a bit. Travelling beyond the village then gets you an encounter with the assassin on the open road.

7. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

If Target of Revenge is active, then Preston warns the party and tells them they visited the brothel. I think there's an empty room on the left were the Assasin could hang out until later if the party opts to sleep over. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think i'll check into it.

8. wizgeorge

Yes there is a private room on the left and no one can be seen from the main area. Could be a good hiding spot for some lowdown that doesn't want to be seen. There are .dlg files available. The sleep over option could be made dangerous.

9. Jesse Heinig

Jesse Heinig Established Member

A-ha. I generally sell Lareth's swag to Brother Smyth. That would explain it.

10. Jesse Heinig

I'd have to learn the scripting. May not have time in between my software engineering projects this term. Will see. Not too likely, though.

11. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Not quite... In order to provoke the attack of the assassin you have to pawn Lareth's
    stuff to Rannos and Gremag (unless it has been fixed/changed with one of the new
    versions of Co8).

12. wizgeorge

Lareth's plate boots works well. The traders are a rip-off and you get better prices at the other merchants. Get the OldFaith Donor rep and you get better prices also. The merchants are material specific, leather, armor, jewelry, etc. You get the best price with the right merchant.

13. Jesse Heinig

That's . . . what I just said? I don't usually deal with the traders at all, I do most of my selling to Brother Smyth, which is why the assassin event has never triggered for me.

14. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I think they're not reading all of the posts which came before, JH. :beer:

15. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I think not reading previous posts is a long standing tradition around here JH. :dizzy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!