Torll and Bone Armor And RUN Bug

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Exaercase, Aug 19, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Exaercase

Exaercase Member

Hello,

A topic in two part i ve found Trol Bone Armor and Bone Armor but in the description we couldnt know what is the type Medium or heavy. So i ve look in proto.tab and Found in my suprise they are all together Meduim armor. So my question is it's me that ive do an error ?????? Or this Powerfull armor are Meduim Type. Moreover i see a bard could launch its spell without risk of failure with bone armor (but it a meduimarmour in proto tab)

The second part is a bug ofrm the begin i ve play in this game : i explain its impossioble to run to the max potentienl (X4 in ligth and meduim armor and X3time in Heavy armor) very quicliy when you trace the straigth line the game do couber and break in line without reason :( so you could run near that you could go without run. I 'm the nly one to have notice that. you know when you run you must straigth a line (grenn when all its ok) and at a momment the line change have cassure and angle without any reason (the line are straigth)

A last thing their are a carac in armor descfrition thta call Max Speed ALL ARMOR are to _ non value why? its not the limit of Max movement possible with this armor ???

Thx in advnance

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I would assume that the troll bone armour and bone armour are incorrectly listed as medium armours, as they share the same stats as the full plate and half plate armours respectively, furthermore I would assume that if that were the case then it might have been altered that way to allow Druids to wear them, as druids only start with light and medium armour proficiencies.

Yes running is bugged but only because the pathfinding code is crap. Since we can't change the pathfinding code, we're kinda stuck with it. :(

I would have a crack at answering your last question as well, if only I could figure out what it meant.

3. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

I think he means that kind of armor that has no penaltyes to speed...like leather and so...if that's the question, light armor have no penalty to speed indeed

...and i think that my english is gibberish...:blink:

4. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Nah, yours is better than mine. ;)

5. Exaercase

Exaercase Member

Thx For Answer :)

1. Yes you are certanly rigth the Troll and Bone Armor are Meduim for Druid
    2. Yes it's very very buggy lol
    3. Sorry for my english i'll try again in ALL armor (ligth as Medium as Heavy) all have in their in game description the param : Max Speed = "-" (so no Penality) but in D&D and in Doc of ToEE armor HAVE penality so i ask me if it's me that don't understand the in game armor description parameter : Max Speed :) More clear ??????

Thx again to answer and see you

6. maggit

That's because it's listed only when your character
    wears it. Some of the amour have it listed if you
    shift+click them and see the long description.

7. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

:aaaa: :aaaa: :aaaa: :aaaa: :aaaa: :aaaa: :aaaa: :aaaa:

master.jpg

8. Exaercase

Exaercase Member

A last question :

Why a bard could launch its spell without risk of failure with bone armor (It's a meduimarmour no a ligth). I just test with a sorcer/mage the same thing append no check for fail spell !!!

In fact i think the spell failure are not implented in TOEE !!!

Thx inb advance

9. maggit

However, this does not work in ToEE... as far as I know.

10. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

Maggit's right. It doesn't work in ToEE. I've had Zaxis the annoying bard wearing light armor and he lost spells several times due to spell failure because of the armor.

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

regarding troll armor and bone armor
    fyi - This is correct.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2007
  12. Exaercase

Exaercase Member

Sorry but for me i ve try to launch many many spell in troll or just bone armor for my bard and sorcer and never faillure i havent even see a check for it

See you

13. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Awesome picture :)

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The point I was trying to make was that Druids should still have to take the heavy armour proficiency feat to use these armours without penalty.

Our Host!