A couple questions...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Blargh!, Aug 13, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

3) there are objects that game events are attached to embedded in some maps - this is one of them.

2. Blargh!

Blargh! Halfling eater

- Ahhh I see, thanks.

Quick question... does the housewives quest remove the masterwork repeating crossbow reward from the tailor? Not a big loss but still it's a nice toy -_-

Also it seems that one of my quests in my quest book has lost it's description. I think it's the orc cave one, did I see a thread on here pertaining to that? Or is it really not an issue?

Blargh!

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

nope...should still be there

fyi - Reinstalling the Co8 5.0.0 MOD [with different installation and configuration options] overtop of a game followed by reapplying a Co8 5.0.x CMF and, then, depending on previous saved games to work like nothing changed is a big roll of the dice and tempting fate. :anger: But hey, what is there to lose, but to start a new game over from scratch. :txtsmilie

-> Blunder Brats HHOOO !!! :Crazy_Tig

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  4. Blargh!

Blargh! Halfling eater

Actually I had to start a new game after I reinstalled anyways, but when I go back to the tailor he doesn't mention the crossbow. I think the quest completes at Reynard and I get the xp, but no further dialogue from the tailor, hmm... crap. I'll start a new game and rattle off those quests and see if anything different happens.

*Edit* - No go on the crossbow. The whole dialogue section doesn't occur and I chose the "We took Elmo" response to Reynard to finish the militia quest. Oh well no biggie.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  5. Blargh!

Blargh! Halfling eater

Sorry to be a pest... so in an effort to try and get that masterwork repeater I uninstalled everything, and reinstalled everything, and still cant get it from the tailor. Has anyone had this happen to them or have any ideas?

*edit* Oh joy, and now another issue. After doing deklo and talking to the woodcutter, the cabinetmaker doesn't give me the dialogue for masterwork bows... ugh. I'm going to start punching myself in the groin repeatedly soon :angry:

Blargh!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  6. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

Maybe you have to speak to the cabinet maker with someone who has a high-enough gather information?

Have you tried it with your other PC's?

7. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

This sounds like a dodgy install to me. Sorry to have you reinstalling again, but I really would make sure you have a clean install. ie delete the atari/toee folder in its entirety etc before reinstalling.

8. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Blargh -

Are you using the Front-end? Cause it sounds like you are playing the vanilla ToEE. If you are using the Front-end (and you should be) make sure it is set to use the Co8 5.0 mod.

9. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

In which case, s/he hasn't followed the instructions in the stickied post and is going to have all sorts of bugs which have since been squashed in the CMF and/or other wierd installation issues.

10. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Het! i'd played ToEEFE lots of times and never get the repeating crossbow! i'm going to squash that little cheap...

About the masterwork bows i think is after the Cure for Amii is found...

11. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Masterwork items from the cabinet maker is unrelated to Cure for Ami. (Except in the fact that you can't get either until you clear the Deklo Grove.) You have to talk to the cabinet maker after the Deklo quest is complete, then wait a week.

12. Blargh!

Blargh! Halfling eater

Zulu - Roger on the gather info skill, I have a rogue with high int, decent charisma, and all the important dialogue skills jacked up.

Zeb - Yup I deleted the whole folder before reinstall, and followed the install instructions to the letter so couldn't be that :no: (btw I'm a he! haha)

Erkper - You betcha, always using the 5.0 mod from front end.

Half Knight - ... now THAT is interesting. I think we're onto something here. You also recommended the Allyx mod as well right? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Going to try a little experiment, (since I was getting the masterwork repeater and etc etc before I added the housewives and Allyx mods) I'll uninstall the whole shabang again, reinstall minus the Allyx, and try those two quests out. Be back in an hour(if I'm fast hah). :crazy:

*edit* actually this wont take long at all, 20 minutes or so...

13. Blargh!

Blargh! Halfling eater

It's just that I cant even get the option to ask about masterwork items in the dialogue options. Usually I do the deklo, talk to him, then run off and do all my other quests and a bit of moathouse before coming back to him.

I've done the whole hommlet thing at LEAST 30 times so it's not something simple I'm sure of it... errr I hope lol.

I'll just do the process of elimination thing. I'll try install w/o Allyx fist, if that doesn't work, I'll go again w/o housewives as well. Somehow I think it's related to one of these seeing as how I ALWAYS got the masterwork repeater from the tailor before installing both those mods. It's gonna take me a while but I dont mind, I have a free day and youtube to keep me entertained inbetween. ;P

14. Blargh!

Blargh! Halfling eater

Have reinstalled again and just realized I'm a complete dumbass and didn't run the cumulative mods rar 5.0.4 patch the previous 2 installs ... I retract my previous statement of "installed to the letter" Zeb, hehe. :doh: *ducks*

Dunno how I missed that but I'm willing to bet everything will run smoothly now, ok I'll shut up now and stop raising false alarms. :drunk:

15. Blargh!

Blargh! Halfling eater

The 5.0.4 patch fixed everything, crossbow and masterwork options working again with Housewives and Allyx mods running.

Half Knight if you're not getting the crossbow from the tailor you might want to double check if you're patched as well(you need to have elmo in your party when you ask Reynard about the tailor btw)... and to get the masterwork conversation from the cabinet maker you have to talk to him once, exit out of conversation, and the second time you talk to him the option comes up.

Our Host!