Furry of Blows and Shuriken

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Exaercase, Jul 27, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Exaercase

Exaercase Member

Flurry of Blows and Shuriken

Hello,

I've search how in proto.tab weapon are autorized to use flurry of blow (like Kama, Sai Staff and Shuriken) and nothing so i've try to found a file that spoke about it i'vent found :( so as Shuriken in AD&D rule are a Flurry of the blow weapon and not in ToEE someone know where found the weapon associeted to Flurry of Blow and how add shuriken ???????

See : AD&D
    kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shuriken, and siangham are Furry of Blow Weapon
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/monk.htm#flurryofBlows

Regards ExA

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2007
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Furry of blows - LOL! Thats funny for 3 or 4 different reasons, each more vulgar than the last :icon_chuc

Thats all I got - sorry i can't help with the problem :(

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

the reason is (and this is from the above link)...

A shuriken is a special monk weapon. This designation gives a monk wielding shuriken special options. A shuriken can’t be used as a melee weapon.

I guess they're special cos you can draw them faster than any other thrown weapon

4. Exaercase

Exaercase Member

If i understand correctly is cause Shuriken in ToEE is Ammunition not Weapon (i see that in proto.tab)

Sad cause in AD&D rule is not the case you could use Furry with it :'(

but thx a lot for the response :) i'll not continue to try to solve the problem cause it must be an core programm mod to do and i'm not able to do it :d

Regards ExA

5. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Tsk, tsk. Ted... Btw. I remember a passage from "The Study
    of Language(TM) by George Yule.

"A phone call:
    Man: Hello, hairdressers, what can I help you with?
    Woman: I'd like a blow job.
    Man:...
    Woman: No, no I mean a blow dry"

[insert crappy jingle here]

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Shuriken's in ToEE are bugged to hell and back, in the RAW (Rules As Written) as Cujo stated, shuriken can't be used in melee, in ToEE they act like stackable daggers - they can be equipped one at a time (or two at a time with 2 weapon penalties), used in melee, and thrown, and you would only be able to throw more than one per round if you take the quick draw feat to make equipping the next one into a free action.

And needless to say crafting shurikens is broken completely, as you can craft a stack of 50 shuriken for the same price of crafting one shuriken, and when using crafted shuriken in combat, they become non-magical versions whether they hit or miss, subsequently having your shuriken weilder pick these shuriken up again, or having another PC give them to him/her causes the entire stack to be rendered non-magical as well because the game will automatically stack them, and not take the crafting they have recieved into effect.

I have no doubt that fixing the shurikens multitude of problems will require a hell of a lot of work by someone capable of hacking the hardcoded stuff in the temple.dll - well beyond my abilities, and for that matter beyond the abilities of all our other curently active modders as well.

7. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Too bad Spellslinger's not around... -_-

8. Exaercase

Exaercase Member

Erf Sad so many bug in this despite wonderfull game. In fact never see better the first game we can see rule how do we do things and we could think before act very strategic game etc .... Never see that i love it !!

Our Host!