Url to get Co8 is wrong and is Partch2 work on a non US version?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Goreng, Jul 21, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

I didn't think you were being rude - just very mean :tears:

:Cutlery_T

2. Daniel

Daniel Established Member

So if I have begun a 5.0 game it's too unsafe to apply CMF (5.0.4) now?

BTW my 5.0 version is the one from Sorcere's place, as all dls were down when I got here.

Can't find masterwork bows & the blacksmith's anvil quest is gone.

3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

If you install the 5.0.4 CMF you will need to start a new game - the DLL changes in the CMF make the games incompatable.

The cabinent maker will produce masterwork wood weapons (like bows) after you complete the Deklo Grove quest for the woodcutter. Talk to him and he will tell you to come back after a day.

Not sure what the "Blacksmith's anvil" quest is you're talking about - do you mean Otis' anvil in Nulb? There were some changes made to Otis' assistant's dialog and his quest options were expanded a lot, but it has always worked for me.

4. Daniel

My thanks Erkper.

I did do the deko thingy but I don't seem to get any dialogue files, all I get is to buy a wooden shield and a greatclub...

The anvil I'm talking about is Hommlet blacksmith's. Or is that gone? You used to need an open lock skill of almost 20 to get to open it... no dialogue for that either.

By the way he only tells of a necessary 24 h lapse if you just answer "yes" (I have a giant's head) - if you go with the "what, you didn't hink I could make it" he doesn't tell you and you think the game is bugged.

BTW is there a way to go back to dialogue options for masterwork items
    (not pictures) other than going back to, say, v 4.O? I need a masterwork bastard sword, or even better a katana... with a 100% chance of occuring! ;o)

EDIT: anyway, what's to be missed without the CMF?

I'm still in the moathouse, could start a fresh game...

*shivers at the thought of doning a FedEx suit again*

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  5. Sokaijin

Sokaijin Established Member

Zeb's confusion is due to the fact that the Blacksmith wants you to open a chest not his anvil ( it sits to right of his anvil). If I'm understanding you correctly.

6. Daniel

Yeah, some time after posting I remembered it was a crate.

Funny thing, it isn't there. Guess that's why my faulty memory thought it was the anvil...

By the same token, the cabinet maker provides peanuts, and the bless scroll does nothing on a certain shadow.

Guess I have to start from scratch and implement CFM. Do I have to erase my saves for it to work?

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

IIRC, yes you'll have to.

8. Goreng

Goreng Member

Ok thanks it's clear I need to start a new game if I apply the CMF, and thanks fo the link.

9. Goreng

Goreng Member

According to posts that followed yes it's been fix in a previous CMF.

Cool, so it will be in a future CMF. What's strange is that with another male human-orc from the default characters I hadn't the bug. But this was probably with Co8 5.0.0 installed but not with the Co8 mod or without any patch nor Co8, I can't remember.

Thanks for your help and time.

10. Goreng

Goreng Member

It's weird it's the bug that darken my mind, I'm not sure it's with every touch spell, I think so but I'm sure it's with healing spell that are as far I know touch spell.

The bug appears for reason I can't decipher and sometimes disappear for reason even more obscure.

It's boring because when you get long range healing or buffering, a lot of tactic stuff is destroyed.

In fact I paused gaming during some days and now I see it differently, my current game hasn't go so far so I'll install CMF and will restart.

a+ (à plus wich means something like see you later) :)

Our Host!