Monk's Belt & Monk Feats

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Hazelnut, Aug 26, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sindegra

Sindegra Member

I know I shouldn't whine about this. But, although this step is the first step to solving the above-20 monk problem, it's definitely not perfect. What if a monk reaches that level without the belt? How will he then get the feats?

2. zen_virgil

zen_virgil Member

*bump*

i've installed the 5.02 cumulative fixes last Oct 14 (the last update was on Oct 8), so the monk's belt should be craftable by now. but the problem is how?

the item doesn't even appear as one of the selections in my druid's craft woundrous item window box. it should appear there in the list even if my druid doesn't have the prerequisities, shouldn't it? can anyone help? thanks.

3. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Is this still an issue?

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The Monks Belt is in my craft wonderous items window, but the prerequisites are showing up as...

Craft wondrous item
    (Null)
    Level 10

It is probably due to the multiple spell requirements that the item uses. Which means there may have to be 2 Monks Belts in the protos each using a different spell as the requirements for crafting.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  5. Spellslinger

Spellslinger Established Member

The display of the requirements seems indeed to be screwed up. But I could craft the item without problems with a cleric and a wizard with tenser's. So everything works fine except the display. Maybe you should just put the requirements in the first line of the description, so you can see them in the crafting UI.

6. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Nope - that will not work with the dll changes Al.

The display not being correct is due to the fact that it's one spell OR another, which works but doesn't display correctly. I did add the requirements to the end of the spell description because of this... not a lot else I could have done really.

7. cpdm

cpdm One-eyed wanderer

How is the use of Abundant Step supposed to work? Do I right-click and choose monk belt from the radial menu on the spot I want to go to? Or do I choose the spot after clicking on the monk belt option? Is it limited to in/out of combat? Because it is not working for me, and i was wondering if there is something I missed before I go through an entire re-install. I'm running Atari patch 1 & 2, 5.0.4 with all the mods installed (Desperate Housewives, Shop Map....)

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

cpdm -

It looks like no one in the know is available to answer your question atm, sorry. Hazelnut himself (the creator of the Monk Belt) has been more away than around lately, so you're not likely to get an answer from him any time too soon either. :(

9. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

From memory (since I don't have a working ToEE at the moment) you choose the belt from the radial menu which casts a spell effectively - you then choose your destination spot. It's definitely not limited to combat, and works just like the Dimension Door spell. It will fizzle and not work unless you're 12th level or above monk.

10. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Good to see you about :)

Our Host!