What kinds of party do you use?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Spellman, Jul 10, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Wiz / Rogue / Cleric / Fighter / Pal.

I keep trying to go thru with a hippy party (Ranger / Druid / Bard / Sorcerer) but a few corrupt saves put paid to that :yawn:

2. Kirnon Bhale

Kirnon Bhale Member

I have gone through with a Ftr+Pal+Rog+Wiz+Clc. Taking only Elmo.

However that was in my Melee focussed days all of my characters were in for the damage they could cause. These days I have opted for a more interesting and I daresay more rewarding lineup of a Human Cleric with (War and Good), Human Transmuter (acting as the buff caster) and a Half-Orc Monk. Used rerolls till I got some good scores (except for Transmuter as he was a brilliant first roll). In any fight I buff the heck out of my Monk and then send him into the deep end - it is working surprisingly well at the moment. I try not to use NPC's as I feel like I must use the humble mod but don't want too because it is almost like cheating. I am thinking about getting a druid briefly so that I can cast permanency and Magic Fang on the monk but we will have to wait and see.

3. Pygon

Pygon Member

The party I had most fun with was:

* Elven Ranger, archer style, with longbow +2 cold, +2 strength bonus I think
    * Half-orc Barbarian fighter with greatsword, sometimes glaive. A killing machine.
    * Human Druid
    * Half-elven Sorceror
    * Human Bard (casted mirror image to offtank when needed)

No NPCs. I used point buy. Two mild healers, and a utility caster made for lots of tactical options.

Can't remember what I did for traps and locks, I think my sorceror took care of that.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
Our Host!