Paladins

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Shiningted, Jul 24, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Thou shalt not get the reputation "Butcher of Hommlet" (altho I'm not sure about green grosser or fishmonger)

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

What did Elmo say when he staggered past the fishmonger's kiosk in a blind, drunken stupor?

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V

"Good morning, ladies!" :kiss:

3. Zandor

Zandor Member

Hate to bring a dead issuse back up but I think honestly the whole falling from drinking is BS.

1st - what else are they going to drink? Give 'e a tub o' goat's milk?
    2nd - Dwarfs + ale = drunk
    3rd - Dwarfs are paladins 2 and they dont give up drinking.

You fall just for drinking the stuff which is messed up and there for makes the PC you made a useless extra fighter and there is no way some one is going to atone for it knowing that is cost 1k GP/lvl

On the same note it says that the only way for them to atone is to see a high cleric. So does this mean that my cleric that I have in the party fall as well since they both serve the same god and are both the same alinment. I mean Paladin look up to and help out clerics, they some times serve the same god (as in my case), the are both divine.
    What makes a paladin more holyer then tho? I mean the cleric is the one with godly power of healing and res, where a paladin can detect evil and smite evil. I belive clerics can do the same.

There are also potions that give off the same effect as ale when you drink them does that make them fall as well?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  4. Lord_Spike

Merely drinking isn't the issue. Getting drunk isn't even the issue, IF it's something which is in the culture of the character in question. It's when the character goes against the dictates of the lawful good alignment as well as their code of behavior for the deity in question. Now, to me, having anything other than a human paladin is stupid in the first place; it's the purview of munchkins who want to play halfing monks & drow rangers as far as I'm concerned. Pathetic. I'm simply arguing the point in the context of the RAW. What happens at the Welcome Wench is a rowdy drunkfest that is not part of anything culturally important to the dwarven race whatsoever. Paladins of any race engaging in that conduct should fall.

5. Sokaijin

Sokaijin Established Member

You have got to be kidding! I'm away for months, and when I first return I find yet another thread about Pally's drinking. Plus Spike is a moderator now. It's good to see everything going fine and (ab)normal here.

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

yeah wellcome back to same shit different thread (ssdt)

7. Lord_Spike

I knew you'd miss me. If you'd stuck around, maybe you would've been assimilated by the establishment. It's never too late, you know!

8. Sokaijin

I would've liked that. My comp, on the other hand, had other ideas. It apparrently did not have a super-hard casing. therefore, when thrown out the window (literally) it smashed into many bits. Pun not intended, but thoroughly enjoyed. Overworked, overstressed, don't mix well with overdrunk. sober paladins all the way.

9. Artemis

Artemis Member

yes, yes, a thousand times yes... hopefully right into my bed...

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

:blink:

Can someone remind me why I didn't close this thread 6 months ago?

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

its cos you're an Aussie.

12. Lord_Spike

Yeah...but then, we'da missed this:

13. Sokaijin

You did, but it was reincarnated. Damn goodie-goodie Terjon.

Our Host!