Rod of Python = BOGUS

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by taltamir, Jun 21, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

Ever since the rod of the python first appeared, it seemed to be bogus, its just a regular club.. a rod of the python is supposed to transform into a giant python, making it both a weapon and a summoning item. I last tried it with version 3.0.3, i crafted a new rod of python, and have tried any which method to use it (both the use command and the radial menu.. BOTH in combat and out of combat..) and it just doesnt do anything, unlike the rod of the viper which is supposed to do poison damage, the rod of the python (its good counterpart) is nothing but a magic stick with the ability to transform.. and it costs more to create then a regular magic club of that size...

2. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

well, i'm not sure exactly what the prob is with the rod, as i haven't looked at it. but, i do know that there isn't a "summon snake" spell (snakes are just part of the menu for summon III - i think). to give the rod the summon III ability could be done easily, but then the problem becomes one of a pre-existing issue with attaching summoning to an item. any item which tries to cast a spell requiring a sub-selection (elemental resistance, monster summoning, etc.) doesn't seem to work correctly. sometimes, you can get the item to work if you cast the equivalent spell ahead of time (the item may then be used to duplicate the spell you just cast). either way, it's more work than its worth.

sorry

3. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

then why was the rod of the python added to begin with? isnt it .... ooooh! my bad, i thought the rod of the python was added by the co8 patch.... apperantly it wasnt though, its an original item... It just didnt sit right with me that any of you guys will make a non working item and then release it, and have it priced as the full working item is according to the dmg... XD

4. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

Our Host!